Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
WIP fish

Posted by daisyme (My Page) on
Sat, Nov 1, 08 at 9:56

Here's what I'm working on. I broke up two ceramic Peruvian pigeons and am attempting a 3-D mosaic. The problem is having the sinking feeling that I won't have enough tess. Those birds sure LOOKED big enough.

Fish Project

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: WIP fish

Wow! Hope you have enough. So cool the way the colors are placed - and wings used for the fins. Can't wait to see them finished.

o

This is really a wonderful work! Your shards are awesome and you've placed them perfectly! Wish I had some tips for making it be enough for the other side....find more peruvian pigeons? Easier said than done, huh? I hope you don't have to rework it cuz what you have is fantastic!

o

Cool. Make sure you post the finish

o

WOW!!! That is REALLY cool!! Great colors!!!! Oh I hope you have enough!!!

o

but really, if you don't have enough, a fish could be finished with the sanded grout on the underbelly, without anything but the grout....
like the scales are different on part of the fish...it would still be level, as the grout goes on around the glass pieces.

o

Thanks again, friends. I looked at this for an hour last night and it's really dicey.

Sea: Thanks for another great idea for maybe pulling this one through. Others have suggested prying off the upper fins to reuse elsewhere and then redoing them in red as the lower fins will be, spacing wider for grout, and using white or discarded small shards for the underneath.

We'll see! You'll sure all hear the end of this...a simple relieved "phew!" or a long prolonged "ARRGGHH!!!!"

o

Thats going to be one beautiful fish!

o

I like DAISY's idea of red fins. That'll give you more pieces. It could also be done in any colors that w/blend w/these, even the top fins, even though I REALLY like the red. BEAUTIFYL, and fishy looking, especially the eye and mouth.

o

I'm liking this alot.
I'm sure the problem with become a creative blessing!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here