Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
A different grout question

Posted by texasfern (My Page) on
Tue, Nov 4, 08 at 9:16

I think I have mentioned that I am doing some mosaics on old fence wood that I nail together in different shapes.
Anyway, I was thinking I would do some "painting" sort of with grout to get some texture and just for something diffent.
Should I use grout or thinset on the wood to do this.
The wood is not sealed, but it could be painted either with acrylic or enamel.
Sorry I have not posted pictures, my camera is camping out at my son's!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: A different grout question

Not sure if grout would work, I think it might. They now have textured paints that look like sand when done. Try it and see what you come up with. Are you thinking about coloring the grout? Sounds like a good idea.

o

I'm not sure what the heck I am doing. I just saw a building the other day with a "fan" pattern done on it with grout. It was cool and I thought I would try to do it on the things I am making for the show I am doing this Friday.
I'm kinda in a tizzy anyway. It has been along time since I have done a show and I'm a little less than confident.
Thanks Kati

o

It probabaly was done with stucco, and they put paper and wire mesh first. I'm only guessing tho. There is outdoor grout, that's what I use for my garden art. It has tougher stuff than indoor grout and I buy it at a tile/flooring store as they usually don't sell it in a big box store ie:HD

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here