Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
help please

Posted by glass-addiction (My Page) on
Sun, Nov 22, 09 at 7:03

thanks silvamae what I was looking for was when you have a round circle and you mosaic around it you don't have the large gaps between the tiles or tess. someone was doing a goard bird house and had explained how to go around the opening.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: help please

Hi, I know what you mean and it is called keystoning. If you go to the bottom of this page, there is a search, type in keystoning, and you will find something posted by flagtruck and a link to Sonia King. It is an excellent tutorial. I'd post the link here but I don't know how!? Also if you google keystoning for mosaic you will find more info. I've been practising keystone but it isn't as easy as it looks.
Remember to use the search tool at the bottom, it will bring up some wonderful old posts, cool things I'd forgotten about, some pics from photobucket seem to be deleted but there are still some good pics there. You can also type in a member name if you want to see something specific to that person.

o

Here you go glass additiction, this process is called
"keyholing". If you will notice, not every tile is cut, just what it takes to fit the circle. Hope this helps, let me know if you have more questions. Carol

Here is a link that might be useful: gourd birdhouses

o

thanks squirrelly for your help I was able to find what I was looking for.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here