Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
more lamps

Posted by iminmystudio (My Page) on
Fri, Nov 13, 09 at 6:22

I find with my art I tend to get rather manic I fall in love with whatever I am creating and will go one hundred miles an hour until I have exhausted all the ideas that are bouncing around in my head, some times this takes days sometimes months and at the moment I am in 'Lamp Land'.
Every where I look I see things that I could use as a lamp base, anything that has colour will suggest new colour schemes and when I'm not working on a lamp I'm collecting things for my next one, seriously I have issues I am even dreaming about lamps LOL.
So here you go, my new lamps, much smaller than the first.

These are not wired up yet so they are just lit up from behind.
sea glass tiffany style lamp

This one is hundred of pieces of tiny tiny sea glass glued onto a glass lamp.

Before grout:

sea glass mosaic lamp

and grouted with black grout:

sea glass mosaic lamp

I've already started on the next one and have also started collecting shells to make one similar to the sea glass tiffany lamp but with shells, I am having so much fun!!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: more lamps

Gosh I guess you're speeding along. Your lamps are gorgeous. Love them.

Kat

o

Oh my, they are wonderful!
You and I sound alot alike! I don't make lamps, but I do get manic!

o

They are gorgeous? I am that a way with crosses and mushroooms.I am on hold with muroom till after CH I am selling cross real good now.

o

These are sooooo BEAUTIFUL. You are REALLY good at this, and know how to use the beach glass to it's best results.

o

Very BeauTIFUL!!!!! Yeah I think we all get manic!!!! And know what you mean about the ideas bouncing around. Makes sleeping darn near impopssible for me sometimes!!!! Great job!!

o

Great lamps and your pics are inspiring me. When looking through our boxes for the Christmas decorations, I re-found several lamp bases. I think I need to pull them out and put them on my workbench as a reminder. My only problem: How do you decide the scale of the lampshade based on the size of the base?

o

Thanks guys I love getting on this forum sharing my latest work and seeing what everyone's up to, I find it really inspires me to connect with other people who are as crazy as I am about their art and realise the time, effort and love that goes into these projects!!

Chinatreasures to decide the size and shape of the shades I grabbed shades and a few mixing bowls from around the house(even took apart my daughters night light LOL) and put them on the base until I found one that I liked then used that as a rough guide. Basically when I'm making something like these I keep on telling myself "I can do what I want, it's my work there are no rules!" so to decide the scale muck around and see what YOU thinks looks good.
Cheers Deb.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here