Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cindiloo_gw

Joe the Peacock..WIP

cindiloo
15 years ago

Here is Joe the Peacock where I used the same blue plates that neonrain used on her awesome Tuscan table.

I wanted to use all shards and was lucky enough to find these great milk glass plates at GW. I painted the area where the milk glass shards are with metallic green nail polish. He still needs grouting. Will use charcoal. Hope to do that on thurs or fri and then will post the result....good or bad!

Comments (26)

• katishooked
    15 years ago

He sure is pretty Cindiloo. Can't wait to see him grouted. The black will make these colors pop I think. Great job.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

I can't the pic larger! Argggg! From what I can see, it's a beauty!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Larger w/be nice, but from what I can see, it's BEAUTIFUL.

• gcpommom
    15 years ago

It's really pretty, I love the colors and textures! Can't wait to see it grouted, I think charcoal would be great.

Lately, some pics won't enlarge for me, either. Try this link below, hope it works.

Here is a link that might be useful:

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Cindiloo, that is one plucky awesome peacock!!! can't wait to see him grouted i charcoal!!

Those plates were PERFECT , great job

• cindiloo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks all! Don't know what's up with photobucket lately...
    thanks for providing the link gcpommom!

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

He is wonderful!!!! Good job! Love the dishes on the neck too!! I'm glad to see it enlarged, I can see more detail!! Or in this case De Tail!!!hahahaha!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Oh, Cindiloo! I love him! The colors are fantastic and I love how he's placed. If you would, would you tell this novice how you cut the milkglass?

• cindiloo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all! I have high hopes of grouting tomorrow.
    Daisy, I just used my wheeled nippers on the milkglass plate...I had a friend over who called it milk glass...maybe that's not right? Here's a pic of the uncut plate:

I also found it in blue:

Hope these Flickr links work, Photobucket is giving me fits lately!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Cindiloo, the link just took me to a signup page for Flickr. What kind of trouble are you having with Photobucket, 'cause I'm not having any....hmmmmm. Anyway, the plates are really great (from what I see on the peacock!) I didn't realize I could cut glass with the wheeled nippers. It works just like the ceramic? This could open up a whole new world to me!

• cindiloo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Sorry. Try this.

I wasn't sure if the plates were tempered glass or not so I just took a chance. They cut pretty good with the wheeled nippers.

• cindiloo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Joe got grouted his evening. Still needs some major cleaning and some kind of framing. Really like the magic of black grout on this.....just makes those green shards glow!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Cindiloo! I love how the grout made the colors POP! I've always thought he was beautiful though. Great job! Be sure to show us how you frame him, OK?

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

That is so cool!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

OHGOODGRIEF!!!!!!! How beautiful. Yep - that black grout w/do it every time. PERFECT. Simply beautiful. Anxious to see how you frame this. Is this one for you or a gift/sale?

• cindiloo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thank you all! Your kind words mean so much to me!
    I still haven't figured out how to frame it. It's 8x8 square and it's hard to find a square frame. That'll teach me to do future projects on a more standard frame-sized substrate! I'm playing around with gluing round marbles around the edge....I don't know. Might just have to leave it as is.
    SLOW...I made this for a challenge. I will probably just keep it. I'm kinda of proud as a .....well, you know...of it!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

The black really brought the blues out. Looks great!! Can't believe it's only 8 in. sq. Those are mighty small pieces to make such a unique piece. It really is a keeper- you do need to have a sample around so when you say you mosaic you can prove it!! LOL Jan

• cindiloo
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Here is Joe and framed and ready for the challenge.

• meadel
    15 years ago

Yay !! He's beauteous !!
    I love the frame !
    Perfect !!

• silvamae
    15 years ago

Isn't he gorgeous? Love the color combo. Fabulous job.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

CINDI - this is wonderful. Really like the frame.

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

That is so pretty! Love how you framed it.

• terikat_mom
    15 years ago

I love Joe! The frame brings the whole thing together! Great job.

• katishooked
    15 years ago

WOW Cindi. As I was reading the posts and you were kind of leaning away from a frame, I'm thinking hmmmmmm this will be interesting. And then slap my face I see Joe ina black frame WWWOOOOWWW. What a grand finish to a great piece of work. And yes that black grout made Joe and his colors pop.

Kathy

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Love the final pic!! Frame brings him to life!! Beautiful job!! Jan

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

PERFECTION! You did him Proud as a Peacock!!! Good Job!!!

Sponsored
Your Source for Tailored Remodeling Solutions in Loudoun County