Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Pink Elephant!

Calamity_J
12 years ago

There's a pink elephant in the room...but don't talk about it!!! Anybody have a situation like that? Well I am trying to cope with it in a way that is productive!ha! I'm making a Pink Elephant from a gift that my friends gave me(they knew/expected me to mosaic it)Yup real friends KNOW what you want!!! heh heh! Soooo, Bad Jane....went to get a bit more pink glass for said elephant, at the stained glass store....$80 later!!!! 2 pcs of glass!!! Maybe 6ft? Bad Jane!!! I coulda made do with what I had or bought a foot of glass...but noooooo, I gotta start snooping around.....actually I did behave and not buy the neat purple glass they had that was a kind I don't have yet..What do you call an elephant crossed with a rhino?

Comments (17)

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Well isn't that nice to have the design all laid out for you? This is gonna be spectacular. Gee, JANEY: What kind of glass costs $40 a sheet? Oh, 6 ft - good grief!!! Bad Jane, for sure. Save some for when you come again - Remember Hobby Lobby!!!

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

mmmmm drool, pink glass.... this is gonna be really cool but but why isn't there a pic of the glass???

• toomuchglass
    12 years ago

Elephant crossed with a rhino ? Ell if I know !

ta dum dum

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

LOL

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

What a wonderful thing to mosaic. Can't wait to see how it goes. And good luck wit the other elephant.
    Kathy

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Sooo progress report> I am using gold mirror, purple mirror, and green mirror. And pink glass and a purple irridescent glass. I painted the elephant so I can envision the look....

• texaswild
    12 years ago

How darlin'. Are you going to cover the whole thing or just sections? Love what you've done already. That glass is BEAUTIFUL.

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

AAAAHHHHH SO COOLIO! (love that irr purple) nice design Janey Bo

• emtnest
    12 years ago

Pretty in Pink!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Love it!
    Kathy

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Looking great!!!

• cathyscache
    12 years ago

Elephants have tusks!! I don't know about pink ones!! What a great project!! Can't wait to see it finished!!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Yes Cathy, this elephant has green toenails and green(mirror)tusks!

• klinger
    12 years ago

I got to see this in person and the glass Jane chose is just beautiful. It's going to look wonderful when she's done all her magic.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

DONE!!! I decided to not mosaic the pink body, and this Calamity is the result! I decided to just grout the body, but I wanted to try adding pink paint to the grout(grey), and in doing so, the grout became very soupy(I was trying to mix red and white paint). Then as I was wiping off the grout, it just came off the unmosaiced parts...sorta....so it is like a textured finish on the body and I kinda like it! It is sorta shabby chic! lol! Pink and grey undertones.
    Pics just don't do justice to how pretty this turned out...can't seem to get a good pic of the purple mirror and purple irridescent glass.

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

I think he has turned out really wonderful!

... But I don't think I could have stopped myself from using that amazing pink glass... do you have something else planned for it?

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Beautiful job, CALAM. I like it just like it is. I'm gonna try to get into just mosaicing parts of things. Riana worked on me w/that when I mosaiced her Lady w/the Hat in PV.

Sponsored