Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
angs_pool

I mosaic-ed my kitchen. WIP

angs_pool
13 years ago

I hope I don't get tired of it because there is no turning back now... :)

sorry the pics are so big...

Ang

Comments (10)

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

That is very cool!!!!

• loribee2
    13 years ago

Wow, I love it! I also love your faux painted walls--what a beautiful shade of terracotta that is in your dining room! And I adore your red glass bar lights, and what's that interesting looking plant stand you've got in the top picture?

Okay, okay, I'm supposed to be looking at your rock, LOL. I really like it. I think it adds to the rustic look you've started. I would definitely keep it stopped at the cabinet like you've got, mostly because I also like the rest of your decor so much. But this is really, really nice! I love seeing people have some fun with their homes. Too many people are afraid to do too much--I think because the decorating shows are always thinking resale and worrying about appealing to each and every buyer out there (i.e., beige).

I would love to see more pics when it's done!

• texaswild
    13 years ago

What LORI said. You l'il heifer!!!!! You're the fastest mosaicist around. It's BEAUTIFUL. Love it all, and like LORI said, I love your decorating. I'm the same way about attaching things to my home - not my problem to sell it after I move to Heaven.

• emtnest
    13 years ago

Very nice, what color grout will you use?

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

WOW! What a Go Getter You are!!!! I love the amber glass pcs in it! Too bad I'm so far away, I'd help ya grout!!!

• excessfroufrou
    13 years ago

I love your "go for it" attitude. It's looking great I love the big wall the most. Be sure and post the grouted results.
    Frou

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

What a beautiful home you have! and the mosaic is lovely. that is slate correct? are you going to seal that before grout? because I think grout on that rock would be a bear to clean off if not sealed first.

• flagtruck
    13 years ago

Way to go..You are definitely fast and have done a beautiful job.

• october17
    13 years ago

Beautiful job - I love the yellow/gold stones!

• angs_pool
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Hi girls, Thanks I was hoping you would like it. Lori~ :) that is actually a topiary plant with my spice rack behind it. That does look weird in the pic. & We won't be moving, We plan on our kids (13 & 8) bringing our grand-kids here. Thanks for the compliments on the paint, I just ragged it with the darker living room color. Slow~I was so excited when you called me l'il heifer!!!!! Funny huh?! Emtnest~I used black grout and Calamity I would have LOVED to have had you here to help, it is the messiest thing ever! Wackyweeder~It is slate and I did have to seal it before grouting it.
    I just love you girls, Thanks so much! Means a lot to me...
    It has been so nice to look at my kitchen and be glad that I decided to do it. My husband wasn't sure he would like it, he thought it may be too much slate, then once I got the kitchen done he's the one that asked me to do the wall behind the bar stools. I'll post more picture soon..

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!