Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
flagtruck

1st look at new studio colors and other things I have finished

flagtruck
15 years ago

The stained glass lamp cover is a cheese dip jar I covered with stained glass squares and grouted in charcoal. I hated the little jar thing that was on it.

The pillar I finally grouted and sealed to go by the door to the studio. This pillar was the inspiration for the new colors on the outside, so far I am about finished with the porch, just a little touch up to do and then replace the furniture and hang the chandelier from inside.I am going to rework it a bit and fix it up then hang it outside on the porch. So, tomorrow more painting and then more grouting.

Here is a link that might be useful: finished and studio

Comments (13)

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Woo Hoo! And it's WONDERFUL! So colorful and bright! I love the light cover. How are you keeping it on the light, Flag? I already wrote you to tell you how much I loved everything and especially the pillar, but forgot to ask about the checkboard piece. Is that a table? FAB! I love it all!

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Gail - the checkerboard in the top of the pillar where I can set a cup of coffee while I open the door. Thanks for the FAB.

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

You have been a very busy girl! The light jar is so nice! The pillar is awesome and your new paint colors are so cheerful!

• shrty411
    15 years ago

I love the color your painted!! Great idea on the light!!

• mzclassic
    15 years ago

Wow Flag, you are so talented. I've got to get busy myself. I love the new light cover.

Donna in Florida

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Flag congrats on the studio. Looks like a great place to go to do your crafts. Love Love you choice of colors. So cheerful. I have a request. Is there a post that gives directions for mosaicing shoes? If not could you do a post that I could put in my files? Keep seeing mosaiced shoes and would like to try my hand at it. My GD loves Wizard Of Oz. Might be Some way to use red mirror to do Dorothy's shoe. Thanks

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Watching you work leaves me speechless and breathless. Can't wait to see this in person next week. LOVE everything you're doing, of course.

• flagtruck
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Katie, Do a google search on mosaic shoes and you might find some info. I just covered a shoe from the SA with Rigid Wrap, this is plaster bandage wrap like for broken bones, Hobby Lobby has it, I did three coats of this, also I poured plaster in the toe to give it some stability. I think a red Dorthy shoe would be great.
    Thanks Slow and the rest...I can't wait to move to the North and South walls of the studio. I am waiting for my paint to get here. The N wall will be grape with tangerine shutters and S will be tangerine with grape shutters, the E wall will be chartreuse, w/turquoise trim. I love the colors and am glad you all do too.

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

Oh how beautiful EVERYTHING is!! Love the colors, the pedestal is gorgeous! It looks like you are having soooo much fun, love to see more pics of your studio.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Flag, AWESOME!! love your choice of colors, my favorite bright Key West Islandy
    Great for inspiration and I think I see some of my beloved fiesta colors on that colume!! Love the idea of a place to sit your coffee. So cool and inspiring!!! LOVELOVE LOVE your work. BEAUTIFULLLLL

• ladyronnie
    15 years ago

Carol, you are inspiring me! My craft room is going to be "Pink Bauble", kind of a coral. I plan to make the furniture all bright colors like yours. Thanks so much! I still want VERY much to come down and see your place one of these days!

• texaswild
    15 years ago

I'll get to see it next Friday. FLAG and I are off to the Big D for a shopping 'till we drop weekend, staying w/Shea, pigin' out on pizza and a movie one night - then a Mexican restaurant the other, Shea's homemade scones for breakfast on Sunday morning b/f we head home w/our toys.

• stjohnsgypsy
    15 years ago

OMG.....................you are something else..I love your studio colors..so vibrant and cheerful...I just wanna dance and drink Corona! You have it going and in all the right ways..............I do think you have way to many brain cells to come up with all the fantastic ideas you do.......you obviously wear a mask when you glue!

Sponsored
Fairfax Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars53 Reviews
DC Area's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Remodeling Experts