Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Gorgeous Inspiration - Please come in and see

Posted by silvamae (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 19, 09 at 19:57

Click on the link for the most incredible glass mosaic work! Read what she uses. I'm going to post this link on Trash to Treasure also. I am just stunned.

http://earofthewind.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Fabulous - Ear of the Wind

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Gorgeous Inspiration - Please come in and see

This is a woman after my own heart!
I have so much broken vintage and found glass.
Thanks so much silvamae!

o
RE: Gorgeous Inspiration - correction

LOL! I mean, a MAN!

o

WOW! I love all of that purple glass! Would love to find some of that around here.

o

OHMYGOODNESS, SILVA: Thank you for posting this site. Gonna mark it in favorites. That almost makes me want to take a class to learn to do the lead work. Wonder if we could do this as a GOG? I have a frame just waiting for something spectacular, and this looks like the perfect project for an experiment w/GOG. The work is wonderful.

o
RE: Gorgeous Inspiration - Please come in and see - and

Hey, I just looked further at his "for sale" items. His prices are surprisingly very low. GEESH - how does he do them so inexpensively?

o

Oh I love her work!!! I'm working on a abstract right now and this has inspired me to add a lot of glass pieces I have found!!!! I'll post my pics hopefully tonight...

o

I assumed the artist is a woman, but turns out the artist is a man. And I agree; his prices are surprisingly low. Wonder where he gets all that purple glass? Sigh - I love purple glass.

o

It is aged glass. I have old bottles and the glass turns purple from the sun and w/age. Read where he digs it up.

o

I didn't think his prices were too low... if you look at the size of them, they are only like 9x12. I'm still trying to decide if I like them or not...some I do, some I don't...

o

I'd like to do something like this, it reminds me of all the seashell lamps we all made a while ago. I would STILL like to know how that guy in Mexico did his putty stuff!!!

o

Beautiful works !! Thanks for sharing.

o

My thoughts exactly, CALAM. Wish I knew what kind of putty he used, and I thought immediately of those sea shell lamps y'all made. I'll be off to thrift stores today looking for colored glass. Gonna try using black GEII, push/sqush and see what I come up with. Whoever used the liquid lead, please come forward and tell us how you did it again. FLAG suggested I use that.

o

On his about us page where he has the wip with 4 photos...doesn't it look like there is a liquid on the glass? Anyone know what that is? Or is that frosted glass?

o

Cindy used the liquid lead on her light fixture. Silvamae, I am like Slow and studying this site throughly. I have been checking my studio for glass today and found quite a bit, I am waiting for Slow to make the first one...I have too much going right now. I will finish a few things and start one of these even if I foil and solder it. Thanks for the link. Love it.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here