Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
silvamae

Gorgeous Inspiration - Please come in and see

silvamae
14 years ago

Click on the link for the most incredible glass mosaic work! Read what she uses. I'm going to post this link on Trash to Treasure also. I am just stunned.

http://earofthewind.com/

Here is a link that might be useful: Fabulous - Ear of the Wind

Comments (14)

• texasfern
    14 years ago

This is a woman after my own heart!
    I have so much broken vintage and found glass.
    Thanks so much silvamae!

• texasfern
    14 years ago

LOL! I mean, a MAN!

• gibsona
    14 years ago

WOW! I love all of that purple glass! Would love to find some of that around here.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

OHMYGOODNESS, SILVA: Thank you for posting this site. Gonna mark it in favorites. That almost makes me want to take a class to learn to do the lead work. Wonder if we could do this as a GOG? I have a frame just waiting for something spectacular, and this looks like the perfect project for an experiment w/GOG. The work is wonderful.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Hey, I just looked further at his "for sale" items. His prices are surprisingly very low. GEESH - how does he do them so inexpensively?

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Oh I love her work!!! I'm working on a abstract right now and this has inspired me to add a lot of glass pieces I have found!!!! I'll post my pics hopefully tonight...

• silvamae
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I assumed the artist is a woman, but turns out the artist is a man. And I agree; his prices are surprisingly low. Wonder where he gets all that purple glass? Sigh - I love purple glass.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

It is aged glass. I have old bottles and the glass turns purple from the sun and w/age. Read where he digs it up.

• emtnest
    14 years ago

I didn't think his prices were too low... if you look at the size of them, they are only like 9x12. I'm still trying to decide if I like them or not...some I do, some I don't...

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

I'd like to do something like this, it reminds me of all the seashell lamps we all made a while ago. I would STILL like to know how that guy in Mexico did his putty stuff!!!

• seagems
    14 years ago

Beautiful works !! Thanks for sharing.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

My thoughts exactly, CALAM. Wish I knew what kind of putty he used, and I thought immediately of those sea shell lamps y'all made. I'll be off to thrift stores today looking for colored glass. Gonna try using black GEII, push/sqush and see what I come up with. Whoever used the liquid lead, please come forward and tell us how you did it again. FLAG suggested I use that.

• emtnest
    14 years ago

On his about us page where he has the wip with 4 photos...doesn't it look like there is a liquid on the glass? Anyone know what that is? Or is that frosted glass?

• flagtruck
    14 years ago

Cindy used the liquid lead on her light fixture. Silvamae, I am like Slow and studying this site throughly. I have been checking my studio for glass today and found quite a bit, I am waiting for Slow to make the first one...I have too much going right now. I will finish a few things and start one of these even if I foil and solder it. Thanks for the link. Love it.

Sponsored
Daniel Russo Home
Average rating: 4.7 out of 5 stars13 Reviews
Premier Interior Design Team Transforming Spaces in Franklin County