Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
For Slow or whoever knows

Posted by crackpotannie (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 1, 09 at 19:38

Hi Betty,gosh I haven't been here for so long.I am so sorry about your mother,I'm ashamed I didn't know til now.Anyway God Bless you and your family. I have a question,I'm finally mosaicing again,I know you use the thinset for grout also but how do you get charcoal?All Lowes has here is gray do they order it for you?Thanks I'll post pic's as soon as I have time,I am doing a show in the Hill country at Xmas and will have mosaics and jewerly ..love to you all I've missed all of you!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: For Slow or whoever knows

Where in the Hill count?

o

OHMYGOODNESS!!!!!!!!! How wonderful to see you here again, and to read that you're mosaicing again. For NANA, the Hill country is around Austin - LOVE that part of TX - lived in Round Rock for awhile b/f going back to work after DH died, and still miss that area. Good luck on your ventures. Re your question, I mix half black grout w/half gray thinset - Mapei from Lowes. It's not fun using the thinset for grout, but has been very successful for me. I read somewhere several yrs. ago that other mosaicists use thinset for grout for outside projects. It's very tough. That mixture drys faster than regular grout, so grouting small areas, cleaning as you go works best. If you wait too long, use a brush - sometimes I had to use a small steel brush to clean the grout off. Believe me, it's tough enough to stay put for long after you're gone, IMHO. Soooooooo glad to see you back - have missed you.

o

Thanks Slow,I'll try posting some pictures next week,I'm really proud of some big big birdhouses I'm doing..Nan,the show is in Boerne.good to talk to you all!!

o

Glad to see your working again! How about letting us know the dates for the show, I would love to come and see you.
Hey Nana, maybe we could meet up in Boerne!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here