Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Texas Love

Calamity_J
12 years ago

So I have finally started My Ode to Texas! It ain't purty yet, but it will beeeee.....

Comments (18)

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I dunno what happened...I was gonna grout my other pc today and I ended up picking up this pc of wedi board and starting this pc! And I am Loving it! I think I have been stalling on this pc cuz I couldn't think of just a few things to put on the memory board...but I decided to keep it simple and put Slow, Toby, and The Perot Theater. One day we were out at a store and I found a braclet on the ground outside the building, so I kept it and chopped it up for the mosaic(round texas stars, mounted on half marbles). I love the background glass that was given to me by CanadianSquirrelly(Shirley), last time she was here(I Love that VanGogh Glass!) it so reminds me of Slow's painted walls in her Lovely home!!!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Did I forget to mention the aura I put around My Angel?!!!

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Well blow me away, please. CALAM. I'm gonna LOVE this piece. I was wondering what was stalling this project. You beat all. Love how you've used that bracelet. We were walking into Walgreens, and there we spied this beautiful TX bracelet. CALAM has the most eagle eyes of anyone I've ever seen. I look the whole place over - in the thrift stores - and CALAM w/zero in on the real jewels. She is a real piece of work in herself. Thanks, CALAM, for the tribute - "I'm not worthy".

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Fabulous! I noticed the halo with the crown right away.
    You work so fast! Love the purple ground.
    Kathy

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Looking great!!!

• cathyscache
    12 years ago

I LOVE IT!!!! Too cool!!

• loribee2
    12 years ago

Very sweet! Can't wait to see the finished product!

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

I loooove this! You totally "get" Texas.

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Ohhhhhhhhh yes - she gets Texas alright! I'm so looking forward to another visit in the spring, w/KLINGER.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So This is done except for the grouting! I am happy with it, I had to finish it off with the 1/2 globs on the outside, and Cindy/Klinger helped me to figure out what I wanted for colors...I think it turned out pretty good!!!heh heh!

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

SOOOOOOOOOOOcool!!!!!!!!!

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

you RAWK, Jane

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Oh WOW - you are back to your speedy self. I LOVE this piece. You did a super job on this one. I LOVE TEXAS and you, girlie.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So here is Texas Love all grouted...still wet, so the grout has to dry to a lighter blue, but I Love it!

• emtnest
    12 years ago

Oh Janie, it's a beautiful piece...I bet Slow love it too!!

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Well you did it, girlie: Brings back memories of that wonderful week w/you. I know what we're doing on your next visit - we're staying in my workshop and mosaic the days away. Well MAYBE we'll have one day for scrounging the thrift stores and Hobby Lobby. This Texas Love w/remind you of your trip. Thank you, CALAM, for your friendship.

• cathyscache
    12 years ago

Too Cool CALAM!!! It's beautiful!!!

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

awesome project

Sponsored
Bull Run Kitchen and Bath
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars273 Reviews
Virginia's Top Rated Kitchen & Bath Renovation Firm I Best of Houzz