Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Texas Love

Posted by calamity_j (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 30, 11 at 18:45

So I have finally started My Ode to Texas! It ain't purty yet, but it will beeeee.....

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Texas Love

I dunno what happened...I was gonna grout my other pc today and I ended up picking up this pc of wedi board and starting this pc! And I am Loving it! I think I have been stalling on this pc cuz I couldn't think of just a few things to put on the memory board...but I decided to keep it simple and put Slow, Toby, and The Perot Theater. One day we were out at a store and I found a braclet on the ground outside the building, so I kept it and chopped it up for the mosaic(round texas stars, mounted on half marbles). I love the background glass that was given to me by CanadianSquirrelly(Shirley), last time she was here(I Love that VanGogh Glass!) it so reminds me of Slow's painted walls in her Lovely home!!!

Photobucket

Photobucket

Photobucket

o
Slowmedown

Did I forget to mention the aura I put around My Angel?!!!

o

Well blow me away, please. CALAM. I'm gonna LOVE this piece. I was wondering what was stalling this project. You beat all. Love how you've used that bracelet. We were walking into Walgreens, and there we spied this beautiful TX bracelet. CALAM has the most eagle eyes of anyone I've ever seen. I look the whole place over - in the thrift stores - and CALAM w/zero in on the real jewels. She is a real piece of work in herself. Thanks, CALAM, for the tribute - "I'm not worthy".

o

Fabulous! I noticed the halo with the crown right away.
You work so fast! Love the purple ground.
Kathy

o

Looking great!!!

o

I LOVE IT!!!! Too cool!!

o

Very sweet! Can't wait to see the finished product!

o

I loooove this! You totally "get" Texas.

o

Ohhhhhhhhh yes - she gets Texas alright! I'm so looking forward to another visit in the spring, w/KLINGER.

o

So This is done except for the grouting! I am happy with it, I had to finish it off with the 1/2 globs on the outside, and Cindy/Klinger helped me to figure out what I wanted for colors...I think it turned out pretty good!!!heh heh!

Photobucket

o

SOOOOOOOOOOOcool!!!!!!!!!

o

you RAWK, Jane

o

Oh WOW - you are back to your speedy self. I LOVE this piece. You did a super job on this one. I LOVE TEXAS and you, girlie.

o

So here is Texas Love all grouted...still wet, so the grout has to dry to a lighter blue, but I Love it!

Photobucket

o

Oh Janie, it's a beautiful piece...I bet Slow love it too!!

o

Well you did it, girlie: Brings back memories of that wonderful week w/you. I know what we're doing on your next visit - we're staying in my workshop and mosaic the days away. Well MAYBE we'll have one day for scrounging the thrift stores and Hobby Lobby. This Texas Love w/remind you of your trip. Thank you, CALAM, for your friendship.

o

Too Cool CALAM!!! It's beautiful!!!

o

awesome project

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here