Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
coppertop367

Getting rid of stuff

coppertop367
14 years ago

I am going to quit doing mosaics..Maybe just some stepping stones and a few pots for my garden. I have LOTS of broken dishes and tesserae that I will give to anyone who lives near me and will come and pick it up. I live in Forest, Va. just outside of Lynchburg. Just let me know! Sandra

Comments (20)

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

So sorry tohear your quitting. Thanks for the offer and I would take you up on it in a heart beat...but Alaska and Va. we'll just too far to drive...LOL!!!... what a wonderful jesture for someone near you though....someone will surely take you up on this very, generous offer!!!!!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Goodness - don't believe I've ever heard of anyone QUITTING mosaics. WHY, pray tell??? Waaaaah - wish I lived close enough to take your stash off your hands.

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Well I'm in Florida so I guess that's a little far, unless your willing to ship if I pay the priority flat rate up to 70 pounds per box???

Donna in Florida

• gibsona
    14 years ago

OMG! Donna, why didn't I think of that last night when I saw this?!?!? I claim the second 70 pounds if Sandra is willing to do that. :0) BTW, Sandra, you don't even have to take the boxes to the post office once they're stuffed. You can print your postage and schedule a pickup on line! Not that I'm trying to sway you one way or another. . . . ;) ~Ann

• nancy336
    14 years ago

coppertop:

I live in Greensboro, NC and may be willing to drive to Lynchburg with a friend if you can give me some idea of what kinds of stuff you have. This is my first posting on garden web and I hope I'm doing it right!

• katishooked
    14 years ago

What a wonderful idea. I would certainly pay flat rate postage on a box. Sorry that you are not going to do mosaics anymore tho.

Kat

• texasfern
    14 years ago

Ditto hear.
    Hate to hear this, but you know what you need.
    When I decided to stop doing ceramics friends and family didn't believe me and were shocked when I sold all my molds and kilns.
    Sometimes that door has to shut for another to open.
    I too would be willing to pay postage if you want to endeavor in packing those boxes.

• coppertop367
    Original Author
    14 years ago

I could fill a lot of boxes for $5.00 postage. It would be better than going to goodwill and buying things. I have a lot of shabby chic things and some odd colors and extras that I could throw in. I would make it worth your $5.00 in shipping...

• gibsona
    14 years ago

OK. I'm in! Tell us, Copper, how you want to handle this. Do you want us to send you the $5 first? Can you take PayPal? I'm soo excited! I love the shabby chic stuff or anything purple or, certainly, whatever you put in!! ;)~Ann

• katishooked
    14 years ago

I would go as far as a $13.00 flat rate pkg. Let us know. Copper has another creative bug got ahold of you. Are you going to dabble in something new? I have found my interests have chnaged over the years. I did crochet, needlpoint, plastic canvas, beading, now the mosaics. I think the needlepoint was the most rewarding for me. I loved seeing the picture come alive as I worked. But my eyes were getting old, so had to lay that one aside. Good luck in anything you decide to do.

Kat

• silvamae
    14 years ago

Count me in also if you have enough. Just tell me how to pay you . . .

• coppertop367
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Oh MY Goodness!!!!I didn't think that I would have this much response. Okay, mzclassic(Donna) and gibsona(Ann)--since you were the first two, I'll mail a box to you first. Ann, I do have a paypal account on ebay, but I have not used it to receive money(never sold anything!) I can e-mail you my address and you can mail the $5. Tell me what types of things you are interested in and if I have them, I'll make sure that they get in your box.Kat and Texasfern, you two would be next if you want to do this.I can assure you that I am not a scammer and that you will receive your box! I have just kind of lost interest in doing mosaics right now. I do still want to make some things for my garden. Just don't need all of the stuff that I have got.

• gibsona
    14 years ago

Awesome! I got your emails and will get my $5 out to you asap. I'm surprised you haven't had more response. We all love getting surprise packages in the mail. You should see this place when there is an Exchange going on between 20-30 of us! Thanks so much again and I'll be looking forward to my box! ~Ann

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Copper, yes I would like to have some of your treasures. Let me know ok?

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Well dern, I was the first one to ask, and I didn't get an email at all. sniff, sniff. I would love to send you the $13.00 for the flat rate box.

• coppertop367
    Original Author
    14 years ago

mzclassic, You ARE first on my list. See post from me on Sat. night.
    I did send you an e-mail.. and I sent another one today. If for some reason you have not received either one, let me know. Thanks, Sandra

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Sandra, I just sent you an email. I have not received any of your emails, but I gave you my email address in my note.

Thanks,
    Donna

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Coppertop how are you doing getting rid of your tess? Have any left?

• texasfern
    14 years ago

I've been "missing in action" but am still interested.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

I too would like a box if you have any left. I'll take anything I am not real picky...Let me know my e-mail is cathyscache@live.com Thanks

Sponsored