Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
katishooked

Jack Russell

katishooked
15 years ago

Haven't posted in a while. Started this last week, thot I'd send a WIP. This is for a gal I work with. Not sure you can read the name, she is Gracie.

Comments (17)

• wackyweeder
    15 years ago

That is amazing! great job you are doing!

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Wow! Going to be beautiful as already is!!! What a lucky friend! Jan

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Beautiful! Your colors are just right...and you've captured that intense terrier gaze perfectly! Looking forward to seeing this when you are all done!

• wishdish
    15 years ago

I love mosaics of animals, and they're super special when it's of a pet. Someday I hope to do one, but have no clue how you get them to look so realistic. This is marvelous, your coworker is so lucky!

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

What a great job! You have captured the jack russell perfectly. Your friend is going to love this!

• katishooked
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks all for your kind words. Wish I am not an artist in the ortrait sense. I was lucky to find this free pattern to tape on the back of glass. I have worried this to death because of it being for a real pet. Is the color right, I visited Gracie many times in the beginning. Does it look like a JR? The 2nd morning after I started it, I turned the light on and looked at it and was so surprised that it did indeed look like a JR. Can't wait to finish now as the gal does not know that I put Gracie on the collar. Will post pix when done.

• terikat_mom
    15 years ago

OMG! Your JR is adorable! What a special gift! I love it! Now I have another project to keep in mind. I want to do one of my dog. Where did you find the pattern?

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Oh, Kat! This is wonderful! Great work, and your friend is going to be thrilled!

• ladyronnie
    15 years ago

You've captured it! Good job!

• katishooked
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone. I'm getting antsy to finish gluing so I can grout. I'm thinking either brown grout or the old stand by charcoal. What do ya think? Terikat this is a sg pattern from Chantals Stained Glass Patterns. Check the site out. Some good ideas and wonderful patterns.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Goodness gracious Kati,

your jack russell is perfect!! Looks just like the real puppy!! You did a really fab job, I bet your friend is going to break down in tears of happiness when she sees this one. You are one great friendd. way to to. Can't wait to see it finished

are you done yet??

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Good Grief!! That's GOOD!!! Your shading on the face/ears is wonderful. No way w/I attempt something this difficult. W/what did you mosaic the name on the colar? It's so small, don't tell me you used glass tiles. If so, that's amazing to be able to work that small.

• katishooked
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LOL Goodness slow I am not that brave. I got into my GD's bead stash that I had purchased and used her name beads. I finished it lastnight and hope to grout tomorrow. Will post pix when I do.You people are way too modest. I have seen many projects that are awesome. We all have a hard time seeing talent that we have.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Wow! I can't wait to see it all finished up.
    Great work girl!

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

I can only hope to be that good one day! AWESOME!!!

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

thats really excellent!

• meadel
    15 years ago

It's perfect ! I love the colors.

Sponsored
Michael Nash Design, Build & Homes
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars254 Reviews
Northern Virginia Design Build Firm | 18x Best of Houzz