Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
chris_pyle

The Beginning of Eve

Shades_of_idaho
11 years ago

This is the first picture of her. Hope there is enough done to get an idea of where I am going with her. When I get her back done I will then fill in with iridescent clear glass. since she will live in our dinning room I want her to blend in with the kitchen back splash. LOL Still deciding if I should make her a lamp also.

Here is a link that might be useful: The beginning of Eve

Comments (12)

• silvamae
    11 years ago

Gorgeous, wow! She is going to be a stunner. I would love to hear the story of the mannikins. My email is silvahayes at gmail.com.

• drtdgr
    11 years ago

Wow! I looked at the other photos in your Flickr account and your work is gorgeous. Love the kitchen back splash.

• toomuchglass
    11 years ago

Are you going to grout her or just let the silver shine through ?

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you drtdgr. The kitchen back splash was really fun to do. I think it took about 9 months. It is done in sections and grouted then applied to the wall with grouting at the seams.

toomuchglass I do plan on grouting her. I will leave the grape clusters with no grout as I think they are prettier that way. I have some in my kitchen back splash I did not grout. The mirror shines through nicely. The foil tape will shine through the glass I plan on using for her skin and some of the green leaves and some of the lighter glass on her vines. Eventually she will be totally covered with glass.

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    11 years ago

A little more progress added to my flicker. I changed my mind on the sliver tape under the skin that will be covered with clean iridescent glass so removed it last night. I think it makes her dress stand out better.

There are three newly added pictures. I only have one side of her dress filled in so far.

Here is a link that might be useful: WIP Eve

• nanatricia
    11 years ago

She is looking great!!! I so want to do one!!

• texaswild
    11 years ago

She IS looking wonderful. Love her wrap and the leaves.

• Calamity_J
    11 years ago

WOW!! Love her, and making her a lamp!!! Cool! I too LOVE your kitchen backsplash! Very Blingy!!

• phish_gw
    11 years ago

Keep posting pictures, especially if you turn her into a lamp! (just think of the fun things you could do with a lampshade)

• Shades_of_idaho
    Original Author
    11 years ago

Thank you Nanatricia,Slow,Clamity and Phish.

I am thinking of making some bead soup in the colors I used in her and just stringing strands around a lamp shade with some fringe or just let the strands hang past the bottom edge. Kind of like hair. Nothing too difficulty. Just simple. A few blingy beads crystals here and there. Hope it will look ok. I do plan on having the lamp shade covered with the fabric with the bead strings over the fabric.

I think she will be grand in the dinning room window which is open to the kitchen so she will match my back splash. Why she is covered in grapes. There is sort of a long range plan in my insanity.

• silvamae
    11 years ago

I love it!

• texaswild
    11 years ago

Now you got me thinking, SHADES. I have one of those torsos in the garage. Hmmmmmmmm, now WHERE can I put a lamp? Re your lampshade, I have one in my bedroom from which I took the tattered shade and just used strings of beads for the whole shade - no fabric. I have a zillion beads - gonna think on these things. Inspiration - you did it.

Sponsored
Industry Leading Interior Designers & Decorators in Franklin County