Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cutting cups in half

Posted by texasfern (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 28, 08 at 17:36

I know I have done this before, but for the life of me I cannot remember.
I do not have a saw, seems like I used wheeled cutters, but I'm not sure.
I do have a diamond wheel thingy for my dremel, but I don't think that is what I used.
Help Me!

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cutting cups in half

I can't help much. I cut some this summer using my wheeled cutters and then sanded the edges even. I know there are several here who can help.

o

I've only used tile nippers..not even wheeled ones.
one side will have a handle, the other won't...lol

or, worse, it's going to just crumble..it's a case of
take your chances.

o

I think that is what I did seaglass, but I'm not sure.
I tried the dremel thingy yesterday, if I have to I will use it but it seems I did it a much simpler way.
Darn this memory loss.

o

Fern, your memory serves you right, just use the wheeled nippers and cut to one side of the handle, usually it cuts the thing right in half with the handle intact on one half. If it doesn't break even, sometimes I trim it a little with the nippers and try to straighten it up or I get mad and drop it and use the pieces. Good luck

o

LOL! I feel so much better.
I'm on a roll now!
Thanks ya'll

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here