Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Painting/baking ceramic tiles with mesh backing

Posted by rosieo (My Page) on
Sat, Oct 1, 11 at 17:14

I want to paint some ceramic tiles with Porcelaine 150 (and/or Vitrea 160) paints and then bake them in the oven. I've done this before with 4x4 tiles and they were so gorgeous I've done my last 3 kitchen backsplashes with them.

This time the tiles I want to paint are 2x2 and come attached to a mesh backing. Can I leave them on the mesh, paint them, and then bake them? They bake at 300-325 degrees.

I'd really like to leave them on the mesh to make installation easier, but not if they're going to burn or burst into flames or something.

Anybody baked tiles on mesh or can advise me?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Painting/baking ceramic tiles with mesh backing

Have no idea. I have baked some odd things with polymer clay t a lower temp and things you dont think will make it fare well. I would cut few with the mesh on them from the big sheet and do a test run.

o
RE: Painting/baking ceramic tiles with mesh backing

Thanks. I was trying to learn from other peoples mistakes, instead of always having to BE the other people. Lol.

I'm thinking it may dissolve the adhesive, causing the tiles to fall off. Guess I'll just have to give it go and see.

Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here