Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Bird of Paradise WIP

Posted by cajunlady68 (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 26, 09 at 17:09

Here is an update on my bird of paradise. Please let me know what ya'll think.

http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz25/cajunlady68/WIP8.jpg
http://i810.photobucket.com/albums/zz25/cajunlady68/WIP7.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Bird of Paradise WIP

I think it is looking very beautiful cl. What is the top part going to be done in? I see lots of little pieces but they are placed perfectly.

o

I was thinking about doing the same as the yellow bottom background. What do ya'll think?

o

I get a message that this pic has been deleted or moved.

Kat

o

Let me try again.

http://s810.photobucket.com/albums/zz25/cajunlady68/

o

Very pretty

o

Thank you for reposting the link. It will be gorgeous when done. It is now. tfs

Kat

o

GOOD GRIEF!!! What perfection!!! It's BEAUTIFUL, and oh, so well done. You really have patience to pull something like this off w/so many small pieces. LOVELY, just LOVELY.

o

Thank ya'll for the kind words. It does take more time than I thought it would.

o

OH MY!! That is really pretty! So many tiny pieces to work with....amazing!! Talk about patience! Can't wait to see it all done. VERY VERY nice job!!

Addiesue

o

It is Beautiful!!! How big is this??? I would say you need to do the top however you feel it should be done....How your minds eye sees it done.....It a great piece and i look forward to seeing it finished....

o

The size is 3' x 5'. I think I am going to do the top the same as the bottom because it follows the color scheme of a patio I'm trying to design around. I am still trying to decide on grout color though. I think I'm going to go with charcoal for the flower but I'm not sure what color to use on the yellow. Any suggestion?

o

Just looked at your project again, and am so impressed w/your shading. You really are good at this art. You know what you're doing, so just follow your instincts. Since I use charcoal for all my projects, I, of course, am in favor w/your choice of it for this project. Beautiful work, indeed.

o

Ditto Slow. It is lovely.

o

Slow, do you think the charcoal would look better with yellow background than white?

o

Yes, by all means. I haven't used white grout since my first couple mosaics. I HATE white grout. I think charcoal goes w/everything, so I may be biased. Don't like to advise anyone, but since you asked,.........

o

This is my first mosaic and I've put too much time and effort into this not to take advise from someone more experienced than myself. I appreciate the advise. Thanks.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here