Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
ba1je

finally grouted

ba1je
16 years ago

i hate to grout so i put stuff aside then have to grout everything in one day. sometimes i dont like the way things look after grouting.

Comments (28)

• fiddlekate
    16 years ago

WOW!!! The are ALL beautiful!!!!! I've loved your sink and butterfly window... but don't remember seeing your dolphins! Those blues are gorgeous!!! It's all amazingly wonderful to look at!!! I know you must be thrilled with the way they all turned out!!!
    Katie

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

breathtaking - all of them! any chance we can get up close and more personal with each one? lol

Love those blues but I really want to see that sink bigger!

• mosaicwench1
    16 years ago

Quite lovely - I think they all are enhanced by the grout.

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

They all turned out GREAT balje!
    What color did you use on the butterfly one? It's so perfect. The grout didn't take away from any of them. I
    freak about grout too! It has a way of totally transforming things, and not always for the best! But your grout choices were great...BEAUTIFUL,BEAUTIFUL WORK!!!

Hazie

• ba1je
    Original Author
    16 years ago

sink grouted in sand color so background would all blend and flowers would stand out. butterfly gog grouted in med gray--considered charcoal but had dark glass and i was afraid i would lose it with the charcoal. dolphins grouted in dark blue and had some grout bleed under.....barb

• texaswild
    16 years ago

That's the prettiest mosaiced sink I've ever seen, and I can't tell you enough how I LOVE it all - don't remember seeing the dolphins either. You are sooooo good at this, girlie.

• silvamae
    16 years ago

Fabulous. Just fabulous!

• LinLee
    16 years ago

Wow...well done!
    Particularly love what's going on with the sink.
    May I ask what the field tiles are that you used on the sink?

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

absolutely beautiful, thanks for the bigger shots. what will you do with it, are you installing it someplace? the GOGs are stunning... I'm sorry about the bleed... reason number 41 why I'm too chicken to try one! LOL

beautiful work Barb!

• klinger
    16 years ago

Wow, all your projects turned out just so beautifully. They are all equally wonderful. What a wonderful job you did,
    Cindy

• d3bbi
    16 years ago

Barb, your work is beautiful! Your windows are gorgeous but I must agree with most of the others I LOVE that sink!

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Wow, they look great.. Love the sink best..I keep looking at my cracked junk(sink). The windows are gorgous

Maria

• ba1je
    Original Author
    16 years ago

thanks everyone--i look and see all the little booboos. used vitreous glass tiles as background on the sink. comes in 2 sizes-3/4" and 1/4".i wanted a plain tile to set off the stained glass flowers. wish i knew what i was going to do with it-i just wanted to mosaic it....barb

• chickeemama
    16 years ago

Wow. I remember that sink I always have loved it!!! Bet you spent all day grouting. They are all so beautiful!! Great work and color choices....

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

Oh Balje!! Wonderful jobs!!! I just adore that sink!!!

• crackedincolorado
    16 years ago

BRAVO!!! You're an inspiration!

• stjohnsgypsy
    16 years ago

Take a bow! Beautiful...all of them....!~

• lyndalu
    16 years ago

WOW!!!! Gorgeous!! I just love all of the pieces...but, oh my, that sink.....I adore it!!! Seriously, that is one beautiful sink. You did a beautiful job on it. I remember it as a WIP, and loved it then.

AND...what about your concrete garden girl....I know you started mosaic-ing her....how about an update on her??? I just love her, too.

• cacbeary
    16 years ago

I love all of your projects but like everyone else - especially the sink. It's perfect!

• lilpeaches
    16 years ago

WOW! That sink sure is pretty! But I like the butterfly window alot too, I love how the grout lines stand out against the clear glass. GREAT JOB!

• ba1je
    Original Author
    16 years ago

my concrete girl is an outside project as i cant move her easily. so this winter when the mosquitos are gone and its not so hot out i will work on her some more. maybe even get her done...barb

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

lol, it's so wierd to hear someone say they're waiting for winter to work outside... soon we won't be able to work on anything outside, I did a little more to my mushroom last weekend then fretted over the night temps and thinset... It made me realize this is the first project that I can NOT bring into my kitchen (seeing as I had to move it with a front end loader! LOL)

Barb, you really do amazing work!

• texaswild
    16 years ago

Came back in to look - I can't believe how those butterflies seem to be real and sitting on the window pane. Amazine work, indeed.

• clearasglass
    16 years ago

I hope someday to make something as beautiful as those!!! What a inspiration to get going on my first project!

• crackpotannie
    16 years ago

Love them all but I have to agree with Slow thats the prettiest sink I've ever seen .you've got to find a place for it,whatabout an iron stand ,put in a plug and put floating candles in it on your porch?your work really is awesome!

• sunshine_funshine
    16 years ago

Just beautiful work! Butterflies, dolpins and flowers, who couldn't smile and enjoy that kind of peaceful artwork!?

A few questions on the sink. Can the sink be used as a bathroom sink? I am wondering how thick the tesserae and grout make it and getting the hardware on it. Did you have a plan for it when you started? You have to use it somewhere! It's too beautiful not to use and look at everyday!!!! Have you seen the prices on just the painted sinks at the hardware stores!? Ridiculous! And not near as beautiful!!

• ba1je
    Original Author
    16 years ago

i would not use it in a well used bathroom but a guest bath would be ok. only because grout is a pain in the butt to keep clean. i have a tile counter in my kitchen and i hate it. but then im not into housework!! the tesserae and grout are not very thick-stained glass is maybe 1/8"?.....barb

• diytrying
    16 years ago

Beautiful! And your work is so wonderful and imaginative. Love the use of different grout and glass colors and crash glass. Everything just pops the way you designed it. You should be very proud of these.

Sponsored
Manifesto, Inc.
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Columbus OH Premier Interior Designer 2x Best of Houzz Winner!