Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
mosaicing a table for my mom

Posted by zinnia_blooms (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 4, 09 at 16:32

HELLO IM GOING TO MOSAICING A TABLE FOR OUTSIDE FOR MY MOM , SHE LOVES BLUE SO IM GOING TO MIX IT UP WITH SOME OTHER COLORS , WHAT COLOR GROUT SHOULD I USE ? IM ALSO INTERESTED IN STAIN GLASS ANY GOOD WEB SITES OR CRAFT STORES ? PLEASE EMAIL ME .

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: mosaicing a table for my mom

You don't really need to decide your grout color until you have your pieces (tesserae) on. Grout can really change the appearance of your piece, so it's always fun to see what happens. I sometimes lay out some of my tess on pieces of plastic in the grout colors I'm considering and then take photos of my options. Good luck and send photos for sure!

o
RE: mosaicing a table for my mom

As DAISY said, your main concern now is not grout - it's adhesive and substrate. What kind of table? Are you planning to use a concrete-based adhesive (thinset)? Give us a picture, please, so we can help. If you are cutting your tiles, Hobby Lobby carries stained glass, and every now and then they put it on sale for 25/30% off, which is the only time I buy it. Maryland Mosaics, Wits End, Mosaics by Maria are three companies lots of us use when ordering. You can Google on-line for tons of tutorials, glass companies and any other info on mosaicing, if you're a beginner. Of course we'll be happy to help along the way. A book is a good start too - from your library.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here