Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Cat Mosaic WIP

Posted by bamasusanna (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 26, 08 at 16:27

I started this a few weeks ago. "Bean" is one of my cats.
I taped a photo behind the piece of glass I'm using for my base. It's done with stained glass.
Hopefully I'll finish this next week.
You can click on the pic to go to my online photo album.
Bean10/26

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Cat Mosaic WIP

WOW!!!this cat is incredible. I love the detail and color. You got him just right. I feel like he's looking right at me!! this is very fine work.

o

was that a kit?

kidding everyone, Bama knows I'm kidding...

and she also knows I am fan freaking bowled over by Bean!

o

Stunning! Very intense look Miss Bean is giving off!

o

OMG!!!!! WOW!!!!! what wor .I love it .

o

I want that cat!! You have there the best of two worlds: a great cat and a really good mosaic!! Can't wait to see it finished. It truly is "WOW" -- I ran out of other superlatives...

o

I am so impressed Bama. You are doing an awesome job. After I got done with Gracie, I have looked at pix of yorkies for a friend. I cringed. Lots of variations like your Miss Bean. You have shown it can be done. And I'm still cringing. You should be proud of this one.

o

BAMA, BAMA, BAMA. Speechless - won't even try to comment - words not enough.

o

A Kit! LOL! Oh NT you are sooo bad!lol! This cat is PUUURRRFFFECT!!!! BAMA...You done good Girl!!! 2X cat drool on this one!!!

o

Bama, what an incredible piece this is. I'm sure a hundred times you've thought "What in the world was I THINKING to start using those small chips?" But it never could have been so awesome in any other way.

How did you get the reflection in the irises?

I can't believe you've done this. It's absolutely wonderful.

o

Stunning. I especially like the eyes. Wow!

o

Wow, that cat is beautiful, I just love the color choices and the way the shards give the illusion of hair. How big is this project?
Cindy

o

I am speechless! Wonderful!
What a way to honor your cat!

o

I am in awe...

o

Thanks guys.
Size on this is approx 8 x 10 1/2.
It wil be going into a frame when finished, which I hope will be soon. I haven't made up my mind if it will be grouted.

o

in a faint whisper, you can hear the smallest of voices say....
"no...no grout"

barely audible but still whispering it........

o

Amen, SEA and BAMA - I was thinking the same thing when I first laid eyes on the phenomenal piece of art - "whisper" no grout. This is beyond my ability to describe. When/how in the WORLD did you come up w/this idea? What possessed you to do something so HARD, TIME-CONSUMING etc? I've NEVER seen anything so detailed to look like a photograph. Those eyes are powerful. Girl! Good doesn't come close to your talent. Gonna do anymore micro-mosaicing????

o

i'm a fan of grouting this meself, I think it could be softened with the right grout choices... but I'll defer to the dog snot queen... We await your ruling , Artist!

o

No Grout is my vote too...or black grout(my fav) but I think it would deter from those colors!!! Now about that frame...it just can't be any ol' frame...not for such a masterpiece!!!!

o

Just shocked at the likeness. What a beautiful piece.
You are quite an artist.

o

Hi, Bama, I finally made it to your album. OMG, everything is just great. But THAT CAT! That is truly special. At first I didn't realize how TINY those individual pieces are. Working with tweezers? Yikes! It'll look stunning framed. Now I want both, the REAL cat (actually, both of your kitties!), and the outstanding mosaic. Astonishing!

o
Cat Mosaic DONE

Finished her today.
I've got to find a frame now.
This will be my first piece to exhibit here in Georgia.
Beans

o

You're gonna wow 'em in Georgia!! Congrats on creating such a beautiful, beautiful work of art!

o

This is FANTASTIC!!!!!!!!!!!! Super job. You should be proud.

o

You da bomb, Girl. Fabulous!

o

There is just no words!!!!!!!!!!!!!

o

ABSOLUTE PUUURRRFECTION!!! LOVE those whiskers!!!! WOW!

o

That is freaking AMAZING!...You so Rock!!
How the hell long have you been doing this? Wow!!!
Just blown away!

o

Once again: WOW WOW WOW! I just downloaded your picture, hope it's ok with you if I forward this - with the proper credit to you - to my cat-and-art-lover-best friend. She'll be equally wowed! Wherever you're going to exhibit this you'll have the same awed reaction. Great Job! Maybe you'd want to water-mark the picture -- just in case...
What's your next project? How about the other kitty??? -- I'm holding off forwarding the link in case you want to object -- I'll respect your decision....

o

You're welcome to forward the link. You're very nice to ask!
I'm currently working on an abstract piece. I have 10 days to finish these two pieces in time for the next show!!
Argghhhh.

o

HOLY CAT SNOT!!! Fantabbieulous!!! Bama. you are my idol!! I just love our kitty.

o

BAMA - you really created a masterpiece on this one. You, like NT, have some kind of success in mosaics in your future.

o

Just don't they tho Slow!!??!!! So much talent..and we knew them when...!! Can we see it in it's frame too?!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here