Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print

Comments (20)

• emtnest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Ohmygoodness!!! That is soooooo danged beautiful. Wish I knew how to do that. Quite lovely, girlie. Oh, BTW - when I responded to MOSAIC REFLECTIONS on my birdbath, I forgot to thank you for your response. Many thanks.

• emtnest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I love agates...so I'm trying to find ways to incorporate them into stained glass..

• texaswild
    12 years ago

I had a pendant made from one when I lived in Kuwait. The jeweler wrapped the edges and made a bezel w/18k gold. Then I had him set a small semi-precious stone into the rocky part of the agate. It was soooooo beautiful. You could do the same w/your talent - make some pendants.

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Correction - not a bezel - the thing the chain goes through - can't think right now - too tired from building a bench.

• emtnest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thnx Slow...that would be amazing to see. Do you still have it?

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Very cool!!!

• cathyscache
    12 years ago

They are both sooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! Everyone keeps telling me I shud cut my agates... but I love them so much in the raw I haven't yet..may have to give it a try...both pieces are amazing!!

• ernie85017, zn 9, phx
    12 years ago

I love how you Made It Work. The leaves just touch the petals, so all is connected for strength. Not something one would notice, but a great technique. I love it when you all post pictures.

• texaswild
    12 years ago

I had the pendant made for my Mo. When she died, all the jewelry that I sent to her over the years, I gave my Bro, who took care of Mo, permision to pass them on to his daughter. Since she now lives w/Bro, I'll ask her to send me a picture of it. Better yet, they're coming for Thanksgiving, and I'll ask her to bring it so I can take a picture and post it. And, BTW, I had noticed how you barely touched the parts w/solder for strength. The stem is brilliant.

• lfm85
    12 years ago

Beautiful!....so happy looking.
    btw....I love the blue bottles in the background! :)

• klinger
    12 years ago

Very nice, I love agates too. Calamity has done some beautiful agate pieces.I've got a few agates but just haven't ever used them.

• emtnest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

I have a couple of rolls of that copper tubing and really want to do something cool and abstract...am just now getting inspired to create again...thnx for all your wonderful comments. Slow, I can hardly wait to see your piece!!

• fldirt
    12 years ago

Love both of them but the sunflower is my favorite. Good job!

• emtnest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Cathecashe....you should try cutting a couple of your agates at least to see how they look... I think I will cut some of the ones you sent me to see...

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Beautiful! Do the agates fade in color over time?
    Kathy

• emtnest
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Hmmm, good question... I don't know. I wouldn't think so, but don't know for sure if they will fade. Guess we'll find out...

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

WOW.....they are both very beaitiful

• loribee2
    12 years ago

Wow, that's beautiful! You have such a lucky DIL! I love the folksy look of it. Do you have any more sons that might need wives? LOL

• cathyscache
    12 years ago

No the agates do not fade....they are beautiful forever!!
    And I may try to cut one just to see...

Sponsored