Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Sunflower for gift

Posted by emtnest (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 7, 11 at 15:27

Here is a sunflower I made for my DIL for her window at work.
http://i154.photobucket.com/albums/s242/emtnest/2011_1006sunflower0007.jpg

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Sunflower for gift

Photobucket

o

Ohmygoodness!!! That is soooooo danged beautiful. Wish I knew how to do that. Quite lovely, girlie. Oh, BTW - when I responded to MOSAIC REFLECTIONS on my birdbath, I forgot to thank you for your response. Many thanks.

o

I love agates...so I'm trying to find ways to incorporate them into stained glass..
Photobucket

o

I had a pendant made from one when I lived in Kuwait. The jeweler wrapped the edges and made a bezel w/18k gold. Then I had him set a small semi-precious stone into the rocky part of the agate. It was soooooo beautiful. You could do the same w/your talent - make some pendants.

o
RE: Sunflower for gift - and

Correction - not a bezel - the thing the chain goes through - can't think right now - too tired from building a bench.

o

Thnx Slow...that would be amazing to see. Do you still have it?

o

Very cool!!!

o

They are both sooo BEAUTIFUL!!!! Everyone keeps telling me I shud cut my agates... but I love them so much in the raw I haven't yet..may have to give it a try...both pieces are amazing!!

o

I love how you Made It Work. The leaves just touch the petals, so all is connected for strength. Not something one would notice, but a great technique. I love it when you all post pictures.

o

I had the pendant made for my Mo. When she died, all the jewelry that I sent to her over the years, I gave my Bro, who took care of Mo, permision to pass them on to his daughter. Since she now lives w/Bro, I'll ask her to send me a picture of it. Better yet, they're coming for Thanksgiving, and I'll ask her to bring it so I can take a picture and post it. And, BTW, I had noticed how you barely touched the parts w/solder for strength. The stem is brilliant.

o

Beautiful!....so happy looking.
btw....I love the blue bottles in the background! :)

o

Very nice, I love agates too. Calamity has done some beautiful agate pieces.I've got a few agates but just haven't ever used them.

o

I have a couple of rolls of that copper tubing and really want to do something cool and abstract...am just now getting inspired to create again...thnx for all your wonderful comments. Slow, I can hardly wait to see your piece!!

o

Love both of them but the sunflower is my favorite. Good job!

o

Cathecashe....you should try cutting a couple of your agates at least to see how they look... I think I will cut some of the ones you sent me to see...

o

Beautiful! Do the agates fade in color over time?
Kathy

o

Hmmm, good question... I don't know. I wouldn't think so, but don't know for sure if they will fade. Guess we'll find out...

o

WOW.....they are both very beaitiful

o

Wow, that's beautiful! You have such a lucky DIL! I love the folksy look of it. Do you have any more sons that might need wives? LOL

o

No the agates do not fade....they are beautiful forever!!
And I may try to cut one just to see...

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here