Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
cajunlady68

delphiglass.com/

cajunlady68
14 years ago

Have any of you heard of this website or used it?

Comments (14)

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Yes, I ordered lots of glass from them when I first started mosaicing. They're a little expensive, but it's where you get beautiful silver-backed (mirror) colored glass.

• cajunlady68
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, I was thinking about getting a glass nipper because I have been cutting my 1/2" x 1/2" tile in about four pieces with a hand nipper. I don't know if the one they have will do the job for that though. Would ya'll know.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

I think that's the company from which I ordered the pistol grip scoring tool and the ruler. I bought the breaking pliers from Hobby Lobby. Hobby Lobby also carries the pistol grip scorer. I have the Glass Shop Pro, and I think I also ordered it from Delphi. It's been so long since I ordered anything I'm forgetful. I use lots of dish shards lately - trying to get rid of garage and workshop clutter, and just throw in some stained glass tiles now and then. If you want to cut nice uniform tiles tiles, my suggestion is to get the ruler, pistol grip scorer, breaking pliers, and cut your strips down one direction across a sheet of glass (vertically) then turn the glass and cut across those lines, making perfect little squares. Take the breaking pliers and cut the tiles apart. Google for tutorials on cutting glass. Joys of Shards is a good one. W/be glad to answer any more questions.

• wackyweeder
    14 years ago

delphi sells wheeled glass nippers also if that was what you were meaning....anything glass, they have it!

• cajunlady68
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Sorry, I was talking about an electric nipper. It sells for about $80.00.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Oh, CAJUN: I shouldn't ask this question - No, I don't need another tool, please, Betty, don't ask. Huh uh - not gonna ask - nope, don't wanna know - won't do it.

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Oh Slow.... you know your gonna end up asking! So go ahead and ask.

You are such a hoot!
    Donna in Florida

• silvamae
    14 years ago

What! There's an electric nipper? I don't need to hear any more; I already have enought tools and supplies to open my own shop. (Runs away holding her hands over her ears)

• cajunlady68
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Yes, if there's tools and accessories to be had, I'm the one to find them!!! Here is the link to it. Happy shopping!!!

http://www.delphiglass.com/mosaic-supplies/mosaic-tools-supplies/power-nipper-electric-glass-cutter.html

• smickerdoodle
    14 years ago

I practically live at Delphi...whether it is online or in their store here in Lansing. I have never found a tool that they carry that doesn't do the job that they say it will do. The people who work there use the tools themselves and if it doesn't do the job I doubt if they will sell it for long. You could always call their store during regular hours and ask if there is someone that uses it in the store. Everyone I have talked to in the store has really been straight with me on how things work...even if they think a cheaper tool does the job better. If you have a business, you can set up a wholesale account. It makes a big difference in the price of some items. And no I don't work for Delphi, it is just where I get most of my supplies.

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Interesting tool, CAJUN, but I'm gonna pass on this one.

• cajunlady68
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks, I think I will call. I too have way too much stuff, although most of it is for painting. But I'm starting to get a little glass collection. It might just depend on if my husband gets any new golf equipment (ha ha ha).

• texasfern
    14 years ago

LOL! You guys are just a hoot.
    Slow, you score both ways then break the tiles out?

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Yes, TX. Some might say it isn't good for your scoring tool, but that's the way I've been cutting sheets of glass into tiles as long as I've been mosaicing, and it is very fast. I can score/break a sheet of glass into 3/4" tiles in about 10 minutes. If you don't want to break the whole sheet, make several strips, turn them sideways, and score them at the same time. This is easy on the Glass Pro grid w/the ruler - probably not as easy on another surface.

Sponsored
Premier Home Services, Inc
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars19 Reviews
Loudoun County Complete Turn-Key Contracting Solutions