Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Marggo's Mirror-WIP

Posted by cathyscache (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 24, 11 at 14:36

Started this mirror a couple of days ago. Spent the last 2 days collecting rocks on the beach. Marg is a rock hound like me so she requests rocks like my bathroom. Green stained glass down all sides of the 22in X 22in mirror rock all around that...I glue mdf where the stained glass is to go so it is raised a bit since the rocks are thick. Will do the same under the mirror. This one will probably take me awhile and it's gonna be heavy!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Marg's mirror-WIP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Marggo's Mirror-WIP

What is MDF?
You have made a lot of "rocky" items!

o

Again, the site won't open, CATHY.

o

I've been spending my afternoons @ the beach collecting rocks before it snows, so progress is slow

Here is a link that might be useful: progress

o

Made major progress today!!

Here is a link that might be useful: 10/26 progress

o

Very very nice!
I love the rocks with the green glass, very natural sea feeling.
Kathy

o

This is going to be so pretty! Love the earthy colors!

o

pretty colors... can you take closer pics or larger pics so we can see the work better?

o

Nice if U click on the pic it shud get larger. I finished the china corners today after plowing 14in of snow we got here yesterday. Just need to add the edgeing and mirror and grout. It's going to weigh a ton but I forwarned her.

Here is a link that might be useful: Marg's mirror-WIP

o
re: marggo's mirror-wip-ready to grout

It's finally ready to grout..maybe tomorrow if weather permits! LOL!! The snow just keeps ON FALLING and I have to keep ON PLOWING!!! I'm really anxoius to get this one finsihed....I'm going to grout it with a dark green (the same as my Salmon)...She loves green..so green she gets!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Margo's Mirror-ready to grout

o

OOOooOOO,, I love it, the green strips are really playing off the rocks! beautiful work Cathy!

o

Very nice, CATHY. You're moving right along on the rock wall, I see. Nice project.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here