Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Latest WIP

Posted by crackpotannie (My Page) on
Thu, Oct 8, 09 at 13:41

Hi everyone well I Have been working on mosaics again getting ready for the show I mentioned ,it is Dec 5-6 in Boerne if any of you can come I'd love to meet you..Anyway these birdhouses are huge they are 20" tall and the mexican one is also 15 " wide very heavy. they are made from terracotta and a rare find..to be honest I hate to part with them as I may never find them again..I bought all they had left at the time..I am thinking dark grey grout to make them pop more ,what do you think? The beach spa I will do in a sand color tho.The pictures are in the beginning of my photobucket,when they are grouted???When? I'll send a pic of finished products......

http://s150.photobucket.com/albums/s100/crackpotmosaics/

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Latest WIP

well darn they've changed the way photobucket used to work so maybe someone else can tell me why it won't right.

o

Works fine. CRACK: I love every single one of them. Want to know where you get those wonderful opaque green glass pieces, and the tiles that are in the doors of the houses, especially the green ones. The pink one is sooo closely mosaiced - the black/white/green one is very strinking also. You have really been busy. W/be anxiously awaiting seeing these grouted - don't envy you. I forced myself yesterday to grout the second planter I made for my Fantasy Fence. Don't feel like trying to haul it out to the swing area today - just planted two Confederate Roses. Soooooo glad you're back - don't stay away that long again, girlie. Beautiful work as always. BTW - did you ever finish your Riana head planter?

o

Thanks slow I couldn't get it to work where you just click on it in msg and it opens...if you mean the green gems on top for roof I got in a gift shop in Rockport all they had was green and blue however I order them from a place call vista marbles go online and they will send you a cataloque. In the doors the green things are the terracotta perches in the birdhouse I juist painted them to match. I will pain t more of a mexican look after I grout. Finished another one today and put the roof on the china one,I'll post Mon. Love you guys glad to be back I'm also showing jeserly in my show. Got 300 sets made.. whew!!
and you thought I was just sitting on my ole fat b---...LOL!

o

Hey wow. Boy these sure are purdy. Can't say I have a fav. Good luck with your show.

Kat

o

Wow! I have got to get up to Boerne and see these and all your work in the flesh!
How about shooting me an email with your location.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here