Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Calamity Jane's Bucket List Adventure!

Calamity_J
12 years ago

Hey! So you know how you have things you reeeaaallly wanna do in your lifetime? Well I had one thing I really wanted to do ever since I became interestedin Stained Glass art...go to Spectrum Glass Factory and do the tour. I was going to Seattle this last weekend, and Klinger said why not go to the Glass Museum while you are down there? She has been and HIGHLY recommended it! So then I realized I had a long lost dream of going to Spectrum too! So I did both!!!! WOW!!!! I was so emotional standing at the doors of Spectrum...that I couldn't go in until I "gathered" myself together....it was then that I realized that this was one of my bucket list goals! So here are some pics I took, they don't let you take pics of inside the glass factory, so I only have the entrance pic!lol! But you can look up the web page and take a virtual tour. And the Chihuly Bridge of Glass was sooo amazing!!!

Comments (17)

• soxxxx
    12 years ago

I will put that on my bucket list too.
    I am ready to go just need someone like Jack Nichols to bankroll the trip.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

So when I was at the Glass Museum, I bought these 2 items to remind me of my trip and WHO talked me into it!!! I will drill holes in the heart to be able to make a hanging art pc with these two items...

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

STUNNING!!!! what a cool trip Jane.

• texaswild
    12 years ago

How exciting. Hope you don't break the heart when drilling. Couldn't you use a strong adhesive instead of drilling and taking a chance on shattering it. What a wonderful experience. Thanks for sharing the excitement w/us.

• shrty411
    12 years ago

Wow, what fun looks awesome!!

• cathyscache
    12 years ago

Looks like fun!!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks! It really was sooo much fun...altho I wish I had been sharing this fun with a fellow artist, but all in all, it was such a great experience. I have 3 days off and plan to work on my Newest WIP!

• loribee2
    12 years ago

Wow, thanks for those pictures! I go up to Seattle occasionally, and will have to put that on my list of places to visit next time I'm there. Where was the other factory you toured? Now you've got me wondering if there's any here in the San Francisco Bay Area....

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Got The ODE To Klinger done!!!! Took Slow's advice and decided that I would use my stained glass tools on this heart, it is a 1/4inch thick x 2 inch heart, so I wrapped it with 1/4inch wide copper foil, then soldered and added hooks(wire)!
    Loribee2: There is a stained glass factory in Oregon called Uroboros Glass. I toured Spectrum Glass and Tacoma Glass Museum.

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Oh how wonderful that is. Sooooo glad you used your multi-talent to make the combination. That is sooooo creative - so YOU (the creaation) and it looks like Cindy!!!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank You, I think it looks like CindyLooHoo too!!lol!

• klinger
    12 years ago

Oh you guys, I think it looks like me too, lol.Wild hair and all.Jane you took such wonderful pics of all that glass art, It just looks so beautiful every piece is gorgeous. How cool for you to go to the factory tour, really neat to do something you've dreamed about for so long.

• rock_oak_deer
    12 years ago

Wow, that's beautiful. Wonderful pics of the Chihuly, I love his work. That looks even more stunning than the Bellagio pieces.

You are so creative to put those pieces together, looks so nice that way.

• ernie85017, zn 9, phx
    12 years ago

Bandaid alert.

What are those blue things on the tower?

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    12 years ago

GLASS!!!!
    It's funny you say bandaid alert, cuz I am typing with a bandaid on as I have been playing with those wedi board clips and actually cut myself on them!!! OUCH!

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Beautiful photos! Love the tribute too. I too was amazed by the blue things.

I don't know when we will go back to Seattle, but def have to go to these places. Makes me realize I should google glass and mosaic for anyplace i visit!

Someone here needs to write a guide book! I have books that tell me where to visit gardens everywhere.

Kathy

• emtnest
    12 years ago

Miss Jane that is one fun piece of glass art!

Sponsored
Dave Fox Design Build Remodelers
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars49 Reviews
Columbus Area's Luxury Design Build Firm | 17x Best of Houzz Winner!