Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Another Birdbath

texaswild
13 years ago

Working on this birdbath to fill a request from a client that bought a couple pieces. I'll take a photo of it for my display - too heavy to cart it into the shop where I sell - a nursery. Doubt it'll please anyone cuz IT'S CROOKED. Y'all know everything I make is crooked, but this one - well - it's off-the-chart crooked. It's hard to see the shapes b/f the mortar goes on. Or could it be that I'm too anxious to get-er-done to notice? Hoping when the bowl is on and it's placed in a flowerbed it won't be so noticeable. It is what it is. Still have to paint the inside. Took three hard hrs. to grout yesterday. The pedestal and flowerpot is what my student is working on - a copy of mine - prettier though.

Birdbath

Comments (13)

• silvamae
    13 years ago

Wow and Oh My Gosh! That is spectacular!

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

Are you kidding me? I absolutely adore this! Its my fave thing you have ever done! The bowl colors and the bird are perfect and that base-to die for! Who cares if its crooked? Holy cow!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

You two l'il heifers!!!!!!!!!!! I can always depend on y'all to lift my spirits. I bow in thanks! Finished gluing the bowl, yard man moved the base to its place, grouting the bowl tomorrow and w/the help of my student, move it in place. Thank y'all so much - I was feeling sorta down cuz of it's imperfections.

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

OMG!!!!! That is great!!!!!!!!!!!I love it !!! I really need to do one I just love it . What imperfections!!!

• stjohnsgypsy
    13 years ago

LOVE LOVE LOVE!

• flagtruck
    13 years ago

Another Slow original...great job. Where is it's place? Is that a secret? Your 'student' should have graduated by now LOL...this could go on forever. I really like the colors and I can't see that it is crooked. As you said, all originls aren't perfect..I love it.

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Oh MY..........It is just beautiful!!! I don't see crooked and if anybody complains I have a place that would be just perfect! Your work just amazes me time and again. I can only hope to some day turn out such wonderful pieces.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, y'all - sooooo appreciate your gracious comments. This was moved into its place. No secrets here, FLAG - Jeannie is my student, and asked her boss at Bunches Garden to give me a little room to display on consignment. I'll take the pictures in cuz I'm not parting w/this until I have a buyer - if no takers, I'll enjoy it. W/be downsizing and re-designing flowerbeds in the spring. Gardening days are over cuz of my back. My housekeeper is now the head gardner here. This birdbath w/mark the end of the fence line bed. It'll be lower on the ground then. Starting on the third in the garden flower series now.
    Birdbath and Toad Above

• flagtruck
    13 years ago

Beautiful Slow...I knew Jeanne was your student but thought you had this one sold. It will probably sell by Spring. What's next? I like where you are placing this.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Only made this for one client who said she wants one of my birdbaths. Doubt she'll come up w/my high price on this one. Thanks, FLAG. I have the tall flower almost glued - hope to finish gluing today for grouting - another nightmare - tomorrow.

• fldirt
    13 years ago

OMG.....you do the most wonderful work. I love the birdbath.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Thanks, FLDIRT: Didn't get to enjoy it very long - sold it this morning. Almost sad - always miss my stuff when it goes away.

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Congratulation!!!on your sale .I know how you feel hard to give it up.

Sponsored
Davidson Builders
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Full-Scale General Contractor