Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
addiesue_gw

My Latest Glass Project - Exterior Peacock Door

addiesue
14 years ago

Hello everyone...

My husband and I have been building a formal dining room for over a year now and we are putting on the finishing touches. I finally finished the exterior door and we installed it a few days ago. I think the glass measures 21 x 59. I'm not real fond of the turquoise blue I used as the sky but not much I can do about it now. My husband likes it so I guess I can live with it...lol.

Addisue

Comments (11)

• addiesue
    Original Author
    14 years ago

OOPS....it would help if I included the pic, huh..lol.

Here is a link that might be useful: My Peacock Door

• gibsona
    14 years ago

OMG!! That's gorgeous!!! How much time would you say it took you to do? Just curious. ~ Ann

• daisyme
    14 years ago

My gosh, AddieSue! That's wonderful! You and others will get so much joy out of that door.

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

WOW!!! Beautiful!!! Gorgeous!! Good job!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

OMG!!!!! What a BEAUTIFUL DOOR!!!!! WOW!!!! I am so impressed. That peacok is STRUTTIN his stuff!!!!!!

• jenel
    14 years ago

That looks beautiful! How cool to have light coming through when you've got guests. Well done!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Oh, ADDIE: I remember you talking about that when you finished your pantry door. Goodness gracious, you've done two major projects to perfection. I love how you've given the pattern (eyes) in the feathers contrast w/the white around the blue. I can't imagine why you aren't happy w/your sky - it's PERFECT. I also like the feeling of the roundness in your columns - they're so real-looking. The whole thing gives me the impression of being outside in some sort of pavillion w/the peacock calmly looking through the pillars - such a peaceful sight. I so admire your patience in cutting all those intricate, small pieces. Another amazingly, unforgettable work of art. I had looked at this last evening, but was too tired to comment. I awoke w/thoughts of it this morn - truly a gallery-worthy piece of art. How lovely your d.r. must be w/this fabulous project. Take a deep bow and accept your crown, girlie. You must be as proud as this peacock looks.

• jenel
    14 years ago

How did you do the grapes? Could you share some close-up pics with us? This really is stunning.

• addiesue
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Hi everyone...thank you for all of the compliments. AND, Slow, you are so sweet! I'm currently working on two glass doors opposite this one which enclose our laundry room. I can hardly wait to get them done and up. My husband is installing two swivel can lights in the laundry room just above each door so we can light them up even when the lr isn't being used.

Gibsona...I couldn't begin to tell you exactly how much time I have in this thing. I should track that sometime. Some days are better days then others and I'm able to give whatever I'm working on more time.

Jenel...the grapes are "globs" (they look like half marbles). I bought these particular ones from Michael's Craft Store.

Here's a link to my slideshow which has two additional pics of this door at the beginning of it. I don't have any close ups but I'll try to take some.

Thanks again everyone!

Addiesue

Here is a link that might be useful: Slide Show

• Calamity_J
    14 years ago

I know what you mean about lighting it up to just enjoy it, even if you are not in that room...My front door, when I go out in the evening, I leave the hallway light on, just so I can see the door lit up when I drive up the driveway!!! Mr Energy Conscious doesn't like it but it isn't that often and it looks sooo nice!!!

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Addisue your work is just beautiful!!!

Sponsored
Bella Casa LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars17 Reviews
The Leading Interior Design Studio in Franklin County