Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
addiesue_gw

French Doors - WIP

addiesue
14 years ago

Hi all...I wanted to share what I've got so far with everyone. I've reached the half way point on this project and have to say I'm very disappointed that it isn't coming out better. I have SO many mess-ups and flaws...I want to cry every time I look at it. This is the first of two doors and this project has kinda been like having twins....no half way...I gotta finish what I started...I pray the second door isn't the death of me!...lol. My goal was to get them done by Thanks Giving but I don't think that's possible so I think I'm gonna take a break before starting the next one and do a window or something fun....I need to get my JOY back!

Addiesue

Here is a link that might be useful: French Doors - WIP

Comments (13)

• texaswild
    14 years ago

I can't imagine what you don't like about this fabulous door. Girlie: It's beyond beautiful, spectacular and all those words we use. Puuuulllleeeeeze -- don't beat yourself up over this. It'S W.O.N.D.E.R.F.U.L.

• addiesue
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you Slow...your comments and compliments are always much appreciated....I think I need to walk away and push it out of my head for a little while and then maybe I can appreciate it a little more.

Addiesue

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Addiesue, I can't for the life of me figure out why you are displeased with this door. It is spectacular. Your eye for placement and color in this piece is perfect. Remember this Addiesue, we are our own worst critics. Maybe you're trying to rush it too fast to be done by Thanksgiving. Take time to do something fun as you put it. One beautiful door at your Thanksgiving feast is ok.

Kat

• fiddlekate
    14 years ago

Oh my... your door is absolutely gorgeous!
    I love the town scene... so beautifully put in perspective... and the sweet butterfly... and... ALL of it! Lovely!!!

• silvamae
    14 years ago

It is just wonderful. Can't see anything that you should be dissatisfied with! It is very very beautiful. What did you use for the grapes?

• shasta_2008
    14 years ago

I think the door is beautiful, I do stained glass (tiffany style) and I know that alot of work went into your door. The colors are fabulous, it's a nice work of art so thumbs up to you!
    I also liked the tree on the dr wall, it looks 3-d, is it painted like that or is it really 3d?

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

What every one said looks great!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

ADDISUE: Your door is GORGEOUS!!!! I know how it is when you look at your own work and see things others may not see, but I look @ this and all i see is beautiful!!!! it that an island with a house (castle) on it. The picture doesn't show great detail but I think that's what I'm seeing...anyway it is beautiful and I'm sure together the 2 when done will be AMAZING!!! As does all your other work....Take a break and when you start again I'm sure you'll see it as we all do, WONDERFUL!!!! Keep us posted....

• addiesue
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thank you everyone....I DO feel better about it. Reading or participating in this forum always makes me feel like I'm sitting around my kitchen table with a hot cup a joe and my best friends....all warm and fuzzy...you guys are the best! AND, I do have a few fun mosaic things (smaller scale) lined up to do and I'm looking forward to getting to them!

Silva, I used globs...those half marble things. I got them at Hobby Lobby...a bag of 100 (I think) for $2 somthing. :)

Shasta, the tree is 3-d. The trunk is made with news paper coated with wall texture and rolled/twisted like a rope. The leaves are made out of air dry clay.

When I finally get back to finishing my French doors I'll be sure to share a pic when I get done.

Thanks again!

Addisue

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Oh Addisue, your work is really outstanding and beautiful.

• iminmystudio
    14 years ago

I think your door is amazing when I first looked at it I thought it just had grapes on it and that I was looking through it to something on the other side, then when I enlarged it I realised that I couldn't actually see through to the other side and the distant perspective was one that you had created, very impressive!

• texasfern
    14 years ago

We can really beat ourselves up don't we?
    And all for nothing, this is gorgeous!

• laurastheme
    13 years ago

I just now ran across this while browsing. It's spectacular!!!! I'm trying to get up the nerve to try mosaics and this looks overwhelming. How long did it take you to do it and how long have you been doing mosaics?

Sponsored
Capri Home Renovations
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars33 Reviews
Reputable Home Renovation Company Serving Northern Virginia