Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
scrap ornaments

Posted by meadel (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 29, 08 at 12:32

Wanna buy a ghost ?

Made from my scrap glass and inspired by this youtube video !
Happy Halloween !

Also made this from scrap:

Will make some easy Christmas gifts. I made a moravian star but I don't have a picture of it yet .

Here is a link that might be useful: Youtube: Wanna buy a ghost ?

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: scrap ornaments

So CUTE!

o

Thanks Daisy !

Here is the star. I used some scrap glue chip for my "tester". I'll have to cut better triangles next time !

o

Those are neato!

o

Too cute! I watched the "Wanna buy a Ghost"..that was great! Thanks for the link! I like them all...especially that angel!

o

Meadel this is such a good idea. I like your ornaments.

o

So cool just love these ideas. Now i'm off to watch the video.. So creative.

o

Nice work! Love the angel!! Jan

o

Cute - love the angel.

o

Those are too cute! Your decorative solder is really great. Love the star on the angel. My 3D projects always get out of shape, your star looks perfect.

o

Thanks everyone !
@lovesmosaics, that is one of those copper stars. I just tinned it.
I like the angel too. Not bad for just stuff I had on hand. I like the scalloped copper foil. It was easy to put on too !

o

Funny video!ha! Great scrap glass stuff!!! I too, love the scalloped edge stuff! Love the 3d star, I have a pattern for one of the lamps you can make like this!

o

Thanks Jane, I'd like to make one of those lamps someday.
I just reread this and realized that lovesmosaics was talking about the big star not the tinned star..duh
Well, it is a bit wonky. I just photographed it at the best angle!! Next week I hope to cut some more "truer" triangles and hope that it all is straight.

o

Hmmmm, I wrote a response yesterday, but don't see it here. I think sometimes I move too fast and don't get past the preview so cancel myself out. ANYWAY, I was saying that I've come back again and again to se these adorable ornaments. I can't figure out which one I like best! How in the world did you figure out the configuration for the star?

The foil adds a really nice touch, doesn't it? I hadn't seen it before. But because I don't do stained glass (yet...) I maybe just hadn't noticed. Anyway, I hope you do more ornaments. What wonderful little gifts for friends and family a the holidays...AND they should sell if you want to do that too.

Also, if you could, I have a couple of quick questions for you over at the crash glass thread. I'd love to hear from you on them.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here