Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
meadel2

scrap ornaments

meadel
15 years ago

Wanna buy a ghost ?

Made from my scrap glass and inspired by this youtube video !

Happy Halloween !

Also made this from scrap:

Will make some easy Christmas gifts. I made a moravian star but I don't have a picture of it yet .

Here is a link that might be useful: Youtube: Wanna buy a ghost ?

Comments (13)

• daisyme
    15 years ago

So CUTE!

• meadel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Daisy !

Here is the star. I used some scrap glue chip for my "tester". I'll have to cut better triangles next time !

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Those are neato!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Too cute! I watched the "Wanna buy a Ghost"..that was great! Thanks for the link! I like them all...especially that angel!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Meadel this is such a good idea. I like your ornaments.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

So cool just love these ideas. Now i'm off to watch the video.. So creative.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Nice work! Love the angel!! Jan

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Cute - love the angel.

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

Those are too cute! Your decorative solder is really great. Love the star on the angel. My 3D projects always get out of shape, your star looks perfect.

• meadel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks everyone !
    @lovesmosaics, that is one of those copper stars. I just tinned it.
    I like the angel too. Not bad for just stuff I had on hand. I like the scalloped copper foil. It was easy to put on too !

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Funny video!ha! Great scrap glass stuff!!! I too, love the scalloped edge stuff! Love the 3d star, I have a pattern for one of the lamps you can make like this!

• meadel
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks Jane, I'd like to make one of those lamps someday.
    I just reread this and realized that lovesmosaics was talking about the big star not the tinned star..duh
    Well, it is a bit wonky. I just photographed it at the best angle!! Next week I hope to cut some more "truer" triangles and hope that it all is straight.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Hmmmm, I wrote a response yesterday, but don't see it here. I think sometimes I move too fast and don't get past the preview so cancel myself out. ANYWAY, I was saying that I've come back again and again to se these adorable ornaments. I can't figure out which one I like best! How in the world did you figure out the configuration for the star?

The foil adds a really nice touch, doesn't it? I hadn't seen it before. But because I don't do stained glass (yet...) I maybe just hadn't noticed. Anyway, I hope you do more ornaments. What wonderful little gifts for friends and family a the holidays...AND they should sell if you want to do that too.

Also, if you could, I have a couple of quick questions for you over at the crash glass thread. I'd love to hear from you on them.

Sponsored