Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Nature abstract

Posted by cathyscache (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 28, 09 at 12:05

Trying something different with this one. I've used wood rounds I cut, birch bark, beach rocks and decorative nails. It's different. I wanted to see how the bark would look. I like the way the wood and bark look together. Already planning my next one with some of the same. This was another experiment and I like it. And check out our new baby "Rosie". She is just too sweet. Part pit bull and something else, not sure what. "Little Miss Rosebud"

Here is a link that might be useful: Nature abstract

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Nature abstract

Cathy,
That is really neat...Rosie is adorable too.

o

I love how you use wood, when I first started looking at this forum I fell in love with your file cabinet, Rosie is very cute.

o

Thanks EMT and Studio....I really love nature and using what it has to offer. And I love finding new ways to use it. I've got another idea with my next project. But gotta finish what I have going first. I tend to start more and leave the others hanging. Gotta finish up so what I have so I have work space!!! LOL Later

o

I do like this one alot!
I was telling my mom about you the other day. She misses Alaska. Next time we go to her sister's she wants me to show her all your online pictures.
That Rosie is a cutie!

o

Thanks tex...Is it U that used to live in Alaska? I can't remember who it was that told me they used to live in Fairbanks. I should be ready to grout this one tomorrow. But I've already started on another so maybe not til Monday.

o

I finally finished and grouted yesterday. I really like the wood and bark look. so I'll be finding ways to use them both more. I think I'm going to call this one "Kidney Stones". The wood ended up in a kidney shape (not intentional) and rocks inside so...My GD says wow Granny cool purse, a friend says it looks like an indian something. So I guess it is whatever the beholder wants it to be. I guess that's the abstract part??? LOL...I'll seal after a bit more clean up....On to the next one

Here is a link that might be useful: Nature abstract done

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here