Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
crazymosaics

Frame - WIP

crazymosaics
15 years ago

Hello,

Here is a picture frame that I did for my friend's upcoming wedding. I used silver Van gogh glass and I spelled the word Love and the date using some jewlrey making beads I got from Hobby Lobby a while ago. It took awhile to cut everything but I think it looks nice. I'm going to use black grout and either paint it silver or black. I haven't decided yet. Let me know what you think :)

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

{{!gwi}}

Comments (11)

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Wow. What a beautiful frame! I love the blue and it'll be awesome grouted in black. I'd use the silver paint, as it's a wedding present and silver would be so apt.

Would you tell us about the grid? I've only worked in mosaic and it looks like a glass cutting tool? Can you cut unscored glass with nippers, or do you nip or break it all after scoring? I'm beginning to ask questions, as I love all the glass projects!

I can hardly wait to see how you finish this. It'll be even more beautiful!

• crazymosaics
    Original Author
    15 years ago

It's actually the waffle grid that I use with the Beetle Bits cutting system. The guy who invented it was at a store in Skokie, IL and gave a presentation and I just had to have it. It makes cutting the tiles a lot easier. I just score it (in no time) and then use running plier to break off the pieces. These pieces of tiles are smaller than a half inch in size. I don't know what i was thinking!!! :)

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

WOw, I LOVE this frame. What a wonderful idea to spell the words out in beads!!! Next time I will try that. Love that silver van gogh, it looks very silvery blue to me. Just beautiful!! They will love it.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

What a WONDERFUL gift, and so beautifully worked. My goodness, LESS THAN 1/2 INCH???!!! Phew - must've been tough. That's a LOT of tiles. NEAT work, girlie.

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Beautiful Gift!! You can't go wrong with van gogh glass!!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

This is a very beautiful frame. Love the shimmery glow of the van gogh. Let us see it in black. That may tell you whether to do the silver or not.

• sunnyca_gw
    15 years ago

Your friends will be thrilled!! What a wonderful memory of their special day!! I think the black grout & silver will be perfect!! Jan

• meadel
    15 years ago

This is beautiful , what bling !
    You can't go wrong with black grout. I agree w/katishooked . After it's grouted you'll know what direction to take.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WOW!!! BEAUTIFUL!!! I immediately started drooling over your bettle bits system!lol! My DS and his Dad were born on 10/26!

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

That is beautiful!
    I have to research the beetle bits thing....Love what you did! How expensive is the cutting thing? I have a couple old ones, and they have never scored well enough to really use all the tiles. I always seem to buy precut stuff if I need squares.

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Wow! Really like this...you did a fantastic job! The silver van gogh is awesome and the 'love' and the date are a nice touch! The Beetle Bits system is the best and I would HIGHLY recommend it to anyone! Delphi glass has it in a bundle.

Sponsored
Franklin County's Remodeling & Handyman Services