Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
loribee2

New technique I can't live without

loribee2
13 years ago

I'm sure some of you veterans have been doing this for years, but I just gave this new technique a shot and it worked so beautifully, I'm hooked for life.

I use thinset for adhesive since all of my mosaics so far are for outdoors. The other night, I put some thinset in a plastic sandwich baggie, cut off a corner and applied it to my project ala pastry bag. OMG, this is the best ever! I had a way easier time getting the right amount into small areas. And best of all, it keeps for days and days. I'm only able to mosaic a few nights a week for a couple hours at a time, and it's wonderful being able to pick up my ready-filled bag, pull off the little bit of thinset that dried over the tip and have at it. When I'm done, there's no clean-up. I just set the bag down, close up for the night and it's there waiting to go next time.

I love this! I know from seeing an old post that some have already been using this technique for years, but I wanted to bring it back up in case there are newbies out there who haven't tried it. This works beautifully for small projects where you want to work on a little section at a time.

Comments (6)

Sponsored
Dream Baths by Kitchen Kraft
Average rating: 4.9 out of 5 stars12 Reviews
Your Custom Bath Designers & Remodelers in Columbus I 10X Best Houzz