Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
texaswild

Pedro's Bro Juan

texaswild
12 years ago

When Dan, my mover man went to pick up the large pieces of FLAGTRUCK's studio that I bought, he bought several things from the garden. He wanted to buy Pedro, but Janis wouldn't sell him. She gave him this statue, and he paid me to mosaic him.

Pedro's Bro Juan>/a>

Comments (13)

• klinger
    12 years ago

Slow, he turned out wonderful. I'm sure Dan will love him. Nice to have a consignment , but not to big of one, so it gets to be an ordeal. How is Janis managing ?
    Cindy

• emtnest
    12 years ago

Oh I love Juan!!! So cute...that mirror in your album is really cool too!!!

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Yes I love it I am sure he will love it too!!!

• texaswild
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thanks, y'all. It's very hard for me to work on small, fiddly things now. Give me a wall or bench to build and mosaic any day over a little thing. KLINGER: Glad to see you here - been a long time. Janice is doing well. She's having a yard sale on the weekend of Nov. 3. Wish you and CALAM could be here - there are tons of stuff for sale. I just can't use anymore - won't live long enough to use what I have, and have run out of space to put it all. EMT - the mirror was for my granddaughter's b.d. She went nuts over it, and her Mo - my Dallas daughter wants one just like it. I'm about half finished on hers. LOVE the push/sqush method - no grout.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

Juan is fabulous!
    Kathy

• texaswild
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you, Kathy.

• oldcrafty
    12 years ago

Juan is FANTASTIC. I too love that mirror. So far the push/squish method do you just put the thinset on thick and push it in? and that's all? or do you seal it in some way. Just love that mirror. I recall someone talking about that method but never tried it.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    12 years ago

CRAFTY: Thanks. The technique on the mirror. Each piece dictates the amount of thinset. I put down a sizeable glob, depending on size of tess, and push it in. I clean up a bit around it. No sealing. It is my new favorite way of mosaicing inside stuff. Wish I could adapt it to this bench so I wouldn't have to grout, but didn't do it in the beginning, so it's too late now. Try it on a small item - betcha you'll love it - very easy.

• cathyscache
    12 years ago

I love Juan SLOW!! I'm sure Dan will too!! Great job!!

• ernie85017, zn 9, phx
    12 years ago

Thinset won't hold up outside? Does it dissolve?

• texaswild
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Oh, ERNIE: Didn't mean to mislead you. Definitely thinset is for outside, but I use it for inside projects too. The mirror was done w/white Mapei Ultra Flex II. For use inside on the frames, I add a little white glue to the mix.

• ernie85017, zn 9, phx
    12 years ago

I wondered about the stickability of thinset, or mortar. It just doesn't seem like it would be a good glue. I will have to write the glue tip in my book. I cannot remember all the things you all know.

• texaswild
    Original Author
    12 years ago

You gotta try it to believe it.