Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
My front entry

Posted by klinger (My Page) on
Tue, Oct 28, 08 at 10:18

When we moved into our new home the front entry had grungy lino. We ripped it all up and I laid some china multi slate. The colors look so earthy. It's the same as Janie chose for her fireplace. I made a mosaic for the centre of the front entry , I had a different vision in my mind then when I began, so I like this okay but think I should have perservered and started again with my original vision. Any how I do love the slate,
Cindy

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: My front entry

Hee Hee! Gotcha to finally post up with this!lol! This is inspiring me to start my entryway soon!!! She has some nice cork flooring that this really goes nice with! The colors look way more rich and deep in person too!! Good job Loo Hoo!! Jane

o

Love the colors and the mosaic. Good job for sure.

o

I think it's wonderful that both of you two display your art on your sleeves. Good work!

o

Very nice! That slate is awesome! Your mosaic medallion is cool, is it a celtic knot? I really like it!

o

Beautiful! I love those earthy colors!!

o

Very pretty entrance,this should be a nice welcome for anyone!

o

I like it just fine too ! Yes, a very nice welcome indeed !!
I love all those earthy colors too.

o

Very nice! Very ambitious project too. Love the fall colors.

o

Love you entry way. GREAT job

o
My front entry

looks great, you did a great job, i love the slate floors.

o

Oh, KLINGER: What a beautiful job you did. Quite an ambitious project, cuz I know how meticulous a job like that has to be to avoid tripping on entry. I'd have it all over the place w/unlevel stuff. This is very pretty.

o

Glad you all liked it.Everyone who comes over says they like it. But, I really did want to do a celtic knot and I realize now that I should have started over and done one. We've been doing so many projects I just wanted to get it finished. I guess this is a life lesson for me lol, not to be in such a rush to finish things that I loose sight of the original vision. Any how the floor looks fine all in all, just not what I'd had in my mind when I started it.
Cindy

o

Regardless, it is very nice.
I tend to do the same, get in a hurry and loose the vision.

o

Love it Klinger!! Slate is just delicious.

o

Klinger, What a great entry, even if it wasn't what you had in mind. Love those colors and the central medallion. I admire you taking on such a huge project especially with regard to the leveling!! It's awesome, enjoy all of the complements you will be getting.

o

Cindy- I saw this early this morning and was in a rush and didn't comment. This is truly awesome...you did a great job and I know you are proud. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here