Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klinger_gw

My front entry

klinger
15 years ago

When we moved into our new home the front entry had grungy lino. We ripped it all up and I laid some china multi slate. The colors look so earthy. It's the same as Janie chose for her fireplace. I made a mosaic for the centre of the front entry , I had a different vision in my mind then when I began, so I like this okay but think I should have perservered and started again with my original vision. Any how I do love the slate,

Cindy

{{!gwi}}

Comments (16)

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

Hee Hee! Gotcha to finally post up with this!lol! This is inspiring me to start my entryway soon!!! She has some nice cork flooring that this really goes nice with! The colors look way more rich and deep in person too!! Good job Loo Hoo!! Jane

• silvamae
    15 years ago

Love the colors and the mosaic. Good job for sure.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

I think it's wonderful that both of you two display your art on your sleeves. Good work!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Very nice! That slate is awesome! Your mosaic medallion is cool, is it a celtic knot? I really like it!

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Beautiful! I love those earthy colors!!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Very pretty entrance,this should be a nice welcome for anyone!

• meadel
    15 years ago

I like it just fine too ! Yes, a very nice welcome indeed !!
    I love all those earthy colors too.

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

Very nice! Very ambitious project too. Love the fall colors.

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Love you entry way. GREAT job

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago

looks great, you did a great job, i love the slate floors.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Oh, KLINGER: What a beautiful job you did. Quite an ambitious project, cuz I know how meticulous a job like that has to be to avoid tripping on entry. I'd have it all over the place w/unlevel stuff. This is very pretty.

• klinger
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Glad you all liked it.Everyone who comes over says they like it. But, I really did want to do a celtic knot and I realize now that I should have started over and done one. We've been doing so many projects I just wanted to get it finished. I guess this is a life lesson for me lol, not to be in such a rush to finish things that I loose sight of the original vision. Any how the floor looks fine all in all, just not what I'd had in my mind when I started it.
    Cindy

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Regardless, it is very nice.
    I tend to do the same, get in a hurry and loose the vision.

• bamasusanna
    15 years ago

Love it Klinger!! Slate is just delicious.

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Klinger, What a great entry, even if it wasn't what you had in mind. Love those colors and the central medallion. I admire you taking on such a huge project especially with regard to the leveling!! It's awesome, enjoy all of the complements you will be getting.

• flagtruck
    15 years ago

Cindy- I saw this early this morning and was in a rush and didn't comment. This is truly awesome...you did a great job and I know you are proud. Keep up the good work and keep the pics coming.

Sponsored
Remodel Repair Construction
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars9 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Westerville