Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Butterfly Stake

Posted by becky_ia (My Page) on
Fri, Oct 9, 09 at 10:12

Hi all,

I must tell you about the butterfly stake. I wish I had thought of it, but I didn't. I was at a Fall Festival Fundraiser a couple of weeks ago.
Rented a spot and set out my wares; this was a fundraiser for an Arboretum and a family fun day. They had tons and tons of free stuff for families to do which was wonderful....but walking through rows of marketers was not what kids wanted to do and sales were very poor.

But anyway, they had a scarecrow auction. There were 80 scarecrows displayed all through the various gardens and you could bid on them. When I was walking through the gardens, I spotted this butterfly stake. IT WAS MAGNIFICANT!

It looks like a 4x4 post painted and bedeckled with jewels and glass pieces with an added porch post top for the head. On the back, is this curved piece, maybe a hula-hoop and cut it in 1/2 and added each 1/2 to the back for the wings. (or pvc pipe-but dont know how they curved it)

Brightly colored pink flowered flowing material was added for wings. This was in the middle of a pink & white cosmos flower bed. So incredibly striking, I HAD to take a picture. I hope to make something like this for my yard. I would like to post her right at the top of my stream next to my gazebo as a focal point to the butterfly garden. Very fitting I think. But I will mosaic the entire post with colored mirror tile. I cant wait to get started.

Becky

Butterfly Stake

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Butterfly Stake

Wow that is beautiful. Oh the possibilities . . .

o

Oh that is a fun piece!

o

I love this idea. Thanks for sharing.

Kat

o

Very neat idea!!! It almost looks like a butterfly kite my grandaughter has!!! It's made out if something like parachute material, or similar anyway, it's very light and flowy....

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here