Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Harbor Freight Nippers - replacement wheels?

Posted by wishdish (My Page) on
Wed, Oct 16, 13 at 9:51

Hi all, I'm going to be doing a workshop (my first one-wish me luck!). Getting supplies now. I want to offer tools for everyone, so chose to go with Harbor Freight wheeled nippers. Can't afford several pairs of Lepps right now. I tried the HF ones, I think they are okay. But I don't see where you can get replacement wheels for them, at least not thru HF. Do you know if other wheels will fit them? Thanks, Ellen

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Harbor Freight Nippers - replacement wheels?

Good luck on finding them anywhere - maybe Delphi, but postage w/cost you more than the price of the wheels. When mine get dull I just go and buy a new nipper. Home Depot has them for $13.00 - a dollar cheaper than Hobby Lobby. I noticed they have them at Michaels now, but didn't check the price.

o
RE: Harbor Freight Nippers - replacement wheels?

Thanks, Slow. Yeah, I figured that I would probably need to treat them as throwaways. If I end up doing more classes, then I might invest in Lepps, but for now, I think the HF ones will be fine. When I bought the one pair that I now have, I did have to pick and choose, opening packages, before I found a "good" one. Looks like they've gone up a dollar since I bought mine.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here