Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Panda WIP

Calamity_J
15 years ago

FINALLY!!! I've started back at something!!! Sheesh! So to take you back to how this started...Klinger and I were out Thrift storing, and I found this metal frame..that just spoke to me of having leaves and something dangling off it. And when I got home, my tesserae exchange from Luisiana Greetings was here, and when I opened the pkg, it had the most wonderful leaves!!! Then I decided on a panda, and a crystal for the dangly part. I found a panda pattern and shrunk it down to a size I wanted to use, and this is what I have so far... It isn't finished yet, and I envisioned the leaves different but am not adept at wire work so...it is what it is...so far...

My Pics

Â
Free Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Comments (19)

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Well, it's about danged time you showed up w/a project!!!!, and a darlin' one at that. You have such original ideas. If these leaves are the ones I have from Michaels, this is a very small piece. What's the height of the stand? Wish I could solder. When I went to RoboMargo's barn sale I bought three pendants made from shards. She said she uses copper solder. Think I'll have to do some research and Heaven forbid I try another phase of this hobby, but yours and MEADEL's work has put an idea into my head. Oh, where is that other lifetime I need for all the ideas I'd love to work on.

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

I have to do a copper patina on this, and redo the face, I just drew it on with a marker to see how it would look, but so far it has gotten me back in my room again! YES!!!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Jane, your whimsical little panda is a delight hanging in that charming frame. The leaves are perfect on there. You have a great imagination and this piece is adorable.

• silvamae
    15 years ago

How charming! and the leaves are great.

• klinger
    15 years ago

Janie, great to see you at it again. That is a tiny panda and the whole look is great,
    Cindy

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Inspirational! Soldering is a dream of mine to Slow, I will just have to add it to the list.
    Not having place to work makes it sooo difficult!
    Great work Calamity!

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Cute, cute, cute! The leaves make it perfect!
    Glad to see you back in your shop!

• katishooked
    15 years ago

Cute panda. I like the way you dangled the leaves.

• shrty411
    15 years ago

Very Cute!!!!! Glad to see you are back at it!!

• nanatricia
    15 years ago

very,very,very cute!!!!!

• nicethyme
    15 years ago

very cool Janey Bo! I especially like the wire wrap details

• theeggshelllady
    15 years ago

Oh, I love pandas! Very cute, I like the leaves, it's a very nice touch!

• meadel
    15 years ago

I was wondering where this went to !! Its adorable !
    I think your wire wrap is great ! I was wondering if you did jewelry too.
    Can't wait to see what else is in store for this !
    Lori
    (and Thanks for the patina hints too!)
    (and would love to know what is in Slow's head too !)

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

That is the cutest thing!

• Louisiana_greetings
    15 years ago

cj, that is too cute. i like what you did with the leaves, very unique. i want you to know that i have been lookin for some more of those leaves ever since the exchange, cuz you liked them so much, but i have had no luck at all. they were on sale at one of the wal-mart here, and there are no more to be found, i really wanted to send you some more , cuz after i saw some of the boxes sent , in the exchange, had so much stuff, i felt i should have sent more.i do have some of the little leaves that slow mentioned, ( from Michael's ) if you would like some of them, i would be more than happy to send them to you? but they are much smaller.
    bonnie

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

Calam, I too love Panda's saw some baby pandas on the news yesterday and this is so adorable, looks just like those babies. and the leaves and your use of the bamboo stand. Awesome and a perfect blend of materials. Glad you're back

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

What a darling Panda! Looks like he is JUST about to grab at those leaves! Very sweet!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    15 years ago

LG! You sent just the right amount of stuff, I still look at it all with glee!!! Wanna use it all! A nice variety! So...I'm at work...my fav thrift store(truly!) and there is this lovely big mirror that nobody likes...and everyday I am shocked it is till there, and it calls to me...oh ya jane..you know you want me...

• meadel
    15 years ago

You work in a thrift store !! lucky you. Kind of like a fox in a hen house eh ? lol I chuckled about the mirror..I can totally visualize that conversation adding in some Cinderella images. mirror mirror on the wall...I want to be decorated by the best of them all !! hehehe

( funny, I was just wondering if you can paint the back of a mirror, say if I wanted to make some of those moravian stars out of the mirror in my hallway..I don't like the reflection it shows me these days..Who is that old woman in there anyway?)

Sponsored
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery
Average rating: 4.4 out of 5 stars233 Reviews
Ferguson Bath, Kitchen & Lighting Gallery