Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Vase in progress

Posted by cathyscache (My Page) on
Sun, Oct 4, 09 at 3:29

I thought the 1st vase I made would probably stay @ home so I started another and finished gluing it today. Now I'm not sure but this one may be the one I keep. It's beach rocks w/glass leaves and I think I like it better. But I'll seee when I grout. One will stay here the other one is going to my sister's shop and I think I may make several of these as Christmas gifts. I really like the leaves on this one. I think this one may be staying......I also started drawing out another project today but just can;t seem to get what's in head on the board...so I'm going to bed and hope it will come out tomorrow. Good night all...............

Here is a link that might be useful: Vase 2

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Vase in progress

Like the shape, and your nightstand looks great. You shop at the same store as we did for your bed dressing. My DD bought that bed set for her room here. I used to have a crazy quilt that I made on the antique bed in her room, but the red looked so good when she left, I left it on. LOVE RED.

o

Another wonderful piece.

o

Thanks all...Yeah slow Red and Maroon are my favorite colors. Red in my kitchen and maroons everywhere else!! Good thing hubby likes it too!!! A friend who saw my bedroom said he thought Miss Kitty (Gunsmoke)might come through the door!!!! I told him no Miss Kitty here just Miss Cathy!!!!

o

Hey I finally finsihed this one. I seem to take so long to do the grouting and sealing. This one is real pretry when the sin shines through the leaves...this one is staying home

Here is a link that might be useful: rock & leaf vase done

o

I hate grouting too, CAT: Like this, as well as your nature abstract. Looks good grouted. The tacks really add to the bark.

o

Grounting is not my favorite part of the process either.
It looks great. I do so like your "natural" choices.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here