Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Birdbath Finally Finished

Posted by wishdish (My Page) on
Mon, Oct 17, 11 at 0:21

I think I started this birdbath about 2-1/2 years ago. I'd work on it awhile then set it aside for weeks or months. Well, it's finally finished. I can't remember how to post a pic in the body of this message, so you'll need to click on my flickr set. It also has WIP pics and detail photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosaic Birdbath on Flickr

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Birdbath Finally Finished

It is absoultely BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the colors!!! Will look great in any garden..Good job!!

o

Ditto what CATHY said. It's a gorgeous birdbath, and looks sooooooo smooth. Love your colors and design. You are really good, girlie.

o

WOW! Love all the WIP Pics! Such attention to detail! What a great score for $10! So Pretty!

o

Yes yes I love it too!!!

o

I love all the blue china and what a professional job!

o

Oh my your bird bath is stunningly beautiful!!!!

o

Beautiful!! I love the colors that you used.

o

Just beautiful!

o

Thank you everyone!

o

this may be the prettiest birdbath I have ever seen. the irid. side edge is an elegant touch.

o

Nice to see you BETTYC: I agree - it is very elegant, and is done so professionally. I came back for a second look.

o

That is gorgeous! I'm almost speechless. Looked last night and came back to comment.
I'm wondering about the waterproof-ness of the pretty dishes. Are you sealing it with something?
Kathy

o

Gorgeous! Worth the wait!

o

I commented some days back and my comment doesn't show up. (?) I love this birdbath; it is just stunning; beautiful!

o

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the irridescence on the edge and the dotting of flowers on the base. Stunning work! You have some very lucky birds! LOL

o

been away for awhile, and came back to more sweet comments about my birdbath. Concreteprimroses, I did seal it with tile lab sealer. I hope it holds up. I do keep expecting I might go outside one day and see the little pieces floating, but I sure hope not! I tried to use pieces on the inside that I thought would withstand the water - stained glass, older china with no crazing, and beads. None of the dishes were the kind that are powdery when you cut them. Everything is attached with thinset. On the outside, the stuff at the bottom does have some crazing, so once I put it in its final intended spot, and that part gets moist, I'm expecting that might come off. But I thought I'd give it a go anyway. thanks again everyone, for the nice comments. It does look very pretty in the back yard and so far I'm enjoying it. Where it is, the birds aren't flocking to it yet. But I'm going to put it in a spot that they will like, near some bushes they can fly into if they need to escape a cat or something!

o

WOW NICE work! you're one of those talented shard ppl that totally baffle me, so neatly done and cool combo because I've never liked blue and whites used until just now! LOL okay so I've never used them well but you did great!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here