Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
wishdish

Birdbath Finally Finished

wishdish
12 years ago

I think I started this birdbath about 2-1/2 years ago. I'd work on it awhile then set it aside for weeks or months. Well, it's finally finished. I can't remember how to post a pic in the body of this message, so you'll need to click on my flickr set. It also has WIP pics and detail photos.

Here is a link that might be useful: Mosaic Birdbath on Flickr

Comments (17)

• cathyscache
    12 years ago

It is absoultely BEAUTIFUL!!! I love the colors!!! Will look great in any garden..Good job!!

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Ditto what CATHY said. It's a gorgeous birdbath, and looks sooooooo smooth. Love your colors and design. You are really good, girlie.

• Calamity_J
    12 years ago

WOW! Love all the WIP Pics! Such attention to detail! What a great score for $10! So Pretty!

• nanatricia
    12 years ago

Yes yes I love it too!!!

• wackyweeder
    12 years ago

I love all the blue china and what a professional job!

• emtnest
    12 years ago

Oh my your bird bath is stunningly beautiful!!!!

• fldirt
    12 years ago

Beautiful!! I love the colors that you used.

• flower_153
    12 years ago

Just beautiful!

• wishdish
    Original Author
    12 years ago

Thank you everyone!

• bettycbowen
    12 years ago

this may be the prettiest birdbath I have ever seen. the irid. side edge is an elegant touch.

• texaswild
    12 years ago

Nice to see you BETTYC: I agree - it is very elegant, and is done so professionally. I came back for a second look.

• concretenprimroses
    12 years ago

That is gorgeous! I'm almost speechless. Looked last night and came back to comment.
    I'm wondering about the waterproof-ness of the pretty dishes. Are you sealing it with something?
    Kathy

• lfm85
    12 years ago

Gorgeous! Worth the wait!

• silvamae
    12 years ago

I commented some days back and my comment doesn't show up. (?) I love this birdbath; it is just stunning; beautiful!

• loribee2
    12 years ago

Absolutely gorgeous! I love the irridescence on the edge and the dotting of flowers on the base. Stunning work! You have some very lucky birds! LOL

• wishdish
    Original Author
    12 years ago

been away for awhile, and came back to more sweet comments about my birdbath. Concreteprimroses, I did seal it with tile lab sealer. I hope it holds up. I do keep expecting I might go outside one day and see the little pieces floating, but I sure hope not! I tried to use pieces on the inside that I thought would withstand the water - stained glass, older china with no crazing, and beads. None of the dishes were the kind that are powdery when you cut them. Everything is attached with thinset. On the outside, the stuff at the bottom does have some crazing, so once I put it in its final intended spot, and that part gets moist, I'm expecting that might come off. But I thought I'd give it a go anyway. thanks again everyone, for the nice comments. It does look very pretty in the back yard and so far I'm enjoying it. Where it is, the birds aren't flocking to it yet. But I'm going to put it in a spot that they will like, near some bushes they can fly into if they need to escape a cat or something!

• nicethyme
    12 years ago

WOW NICE work! you're one of those talented shard ppl that totally baffle me, so neatly done and cool combo because I've never liked blue and whites used until just now! LOL okay so I've never used them well but you did great!

Sponsored