Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
calamity_j

Humpty Dumpty

Calamity_J
14 years ago

I have been working on Humpty the last few days as he will be a "prop" for a very special event I am going to....my 20yrs clean "Cake mtg" in Narcotics Anonymous!!!! As I was working on Humpty all these months...something inside of me (Gratitude) said build him a brick wall and on the wall, put a plaque to commemorate your 20yrs clean in NA...well, I also decided to share about how Humpty and I have a lot in common, at my Cake mtg...He had a great fall..and so did I...all the king"s men couldn't put Humpty back together again...and no human power could relieve me of my illness either...But God could and would...if He were sought..by turning my will and my life over to the care of GOD...who can take a broken life, use the shards and piece me back together again!!! Me and Humpty never have to fall from God's grace ever again, because we have our balance back!!! I gotta have this done for wed nite!!!! I'm working like crazy!!!heh heh...nuthin' like leaving it to the last minute!!!

Comments (27)

• soxxxx
    14 years ago

Congratulations on changing your life and the 20 years of recovery from the "fall". I love that big ole egg (even before you have finished dressing him) and I know your audience will too.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Oh CALAM: Humpty is too cool!! And good for U girl!!! I'm happy for U and so proud!!!! I know it's not easy. My son finally came home and got clean.
    And the sign in the background is wonderful!!!!! Let us know how things go!!!!

• emtnest
    14 years ago

Oh Calamity Jane... you speak for so many...can hardly wait for your report from the event!!!!

• daisyme
    14 years ago

Jane...you AND Humpty are wonderful. Congratulations, girl. This is something special. Thank you for sharing your story, your courage, and your celebration. You rock!

• mzclassic
    14 years ago

Way to go Jane! What a wonderful celebration. I love Humpty!

Donna in Florida

• nicethyme
    14 years ago

go Janey Go! fabulous plaque! and an amazing tie in to your life and rebuilding after the fall... Wonderful sentiments

• silvamae
    14 years ago

Fabulous, Huge congratulations!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

He is starting to look pretty good!!!Notice he has a Tear of Gratitude by his left eye!?

Here is a link that might be useful:

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Jane this is a wonderful idea and sentiment. Am proud of you.

Kat

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

Yes he looks great and also congratulations!on your 20 years clean!

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

You know, I actually am going to stop and just grout the rest of him...I could add more for his clothes...but don't think I need too, as I think it is his face that will be the focus this way....I usually mosaic EVERY bit of something I do, so this is a new concept for me...but as I learned from Rhianna, You don't have to mosaic it all, she did a statue, where the hair and the dress and shoes where the only thing mosaiced....so today I grout...

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Way to go, girlie. I like him just like that. Or, you COULD do a light color wash over his clothes. I like Riana's techniques too, and am perfectly comfortable w/part mosaic and part paint or plain. Congratulations on your 20-yr. celebration of a new life. I know how hard these life-time diseases are to control. I love you!!!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

He looks too dang cool to me. He is just the most wonderful idea....

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Here he is, most of him grouted, but for his bottom, which I have to do some more mortar strengthening with as he is cracking at a leg(left) but he'll do for tonights presentation! And grouted the NA sign in blue, I like it. I used black for Humpty as he is "Puttin' on the Ritz"!!lol! Just gonna clean him up a bit....black sure shows you where the silicone is stuck!!!lol!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Girlie!!!!!!!! You went over the top on this project. I ABSOLUTELY LOOOOOOOOOVE HUMPTY, and the sign is sooooooo perfect. These w/make a huge hit at your meeting tonight. Boyohboy, when you set your mind on something, you can sure git-er-done. Congrats on the project and congrats on it's meaning. Soooooooo proud to be your friend. Absolutely - you couldn't have picked a better coloring for Humpty. W.O.W.

• gibsona
    14 years ago

Janey, What an honor to have you share your story with us. Humpty's awesome but you are amazing!! :0) So proud to "know" you.

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Calam: Humpty has got to be the cutest piece I have ever seen!!!!! And your sign and it's meaning for U makes me so proud to know U girl!!!! They will both be a BIG SMASH @ yur meeting tonight!!! Congrats on them and to YOU!!!!!!!

• nanatricia
    14 years ago

O YES!!!!!!!! he is so cute!You go girl!

• cathyscache
    14 years ago

Waiting to see how things went last night!!!!!?????
    Was Humpty a SMASH????

• katishooked
    14 years ago

Love your Humpty AND your Never Fall From Grace sign. The blues sure do compliment each other.

Kat

• Calamity_J
    Original Author
    14 years ago

Thanks Everyone!!! I was sooo emotional at the mtg as my drug and alcohol counseller was there and my 2 grown kids and Klinger!!!! But most of all I was honored that my daughters best friend came as her mother was in NA and then went back out(a relapse) and Died. I don't ever want my kids to live thru that and it took a lot of feelings for her to come to my cake mtg, as she was so devastated when NA let her down during her Mom's relapse, she became an orphan at the age of 13. Yup, me and Humpty got to share a message of hope in recovery to 75 people!!! I was gonna get a pic of me and Humpty and the mtg but forgot to bring the camera or use my cell phone camera...and thanks Kat, the blues are the NA blues, our logo is cobalt blue and white. A gal who was 3 days clean and sober came up to me after the mtg and asked me to be her sponsor! Thanks for letting me share this with you all!!! NA recovery and this forum are so important to me!!! Love from Jane xoxoxo

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Oh, CALAM, being the Mo of a recovering alcoholic I know how proud you must be w/that celebration. Re the NA group letting down the Mom's relapse, while attending AA mtgs. w/my DD, reading all the materials, and experiencing her life, I DID learn that the support groups are very selfish. They only think of themselves - it's one of the characteristics of the disease. I suppose everyone in the programs have just enough strength to get through their own problems, and don't have a lot of give left over for others. Such sad diseases. Bless you for making 20 years. These are life-time sentences, and the fight against the evils is soooooooo hard. Keep on keeping on, my friend. I love you.

• crackpotannie
    14 years ago

Good fot you Janey,sure wish my son could meet and talk to you..He's made it 2 yrs now out of rehab and looking for a job which isn't easy under circumstances but I'm praying every day he will make it like you.I'm proud of you !

• daisyme
    14 years ago

Jane, the only reason I've signed on tonight is to congratulate you again on your recovery of 20 years! You are awesome. And, you made a symbol in Humpty that speaks of yourself and TO others. Great going, my friend. I'm proud of you!

• texaswild
    14 years ago

Glad to see the news, CRACK, about your son. My DD has a year sober, on meds and doing beautifully.

• texasfern
    14 years ago

What a great hope you bring. Thanks for sharing.
    Great work to go along with it.
    Congrats girl. Your life, including your past, is counting for something. As it should be.

• squirrellycanadian
    14 years ago

Congratulations Jane! Awesome work, on your mosaics and 20 years!! I really think DH is under that mortar!!! Has anyone seen him around lately??!! :0)

Sponsored
EK Interior Design
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars5 Reviews
TIMELESS INTERIOR DESIGN FOR ENDLESS MEMORIES