Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Replacements yard sale

Posted by tigerwiggy (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 18, 08 at 22:34

Replacements Ltd is having a giant yard sale this weekend. They have over 100,000 pieces. You pay $5 to shop, which goes to charity. You buy a box for $5 and fill it up, no limit on the number of boxes. DH is going to bring me home a dolly from work. If you are looking for some particular dishes to break or a particular china pattern to finish off your set e-mail me the pattern and I'll make a list of things to look for. The boxes are about copy paper size. I figure I can get a lot of plates in a box that size if I stack them on the side instead of laying them flat. Items supposedly have imperfections, but if you are going to break them anyway doesn't really matter.

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Replacements yard sale

Tigerwiggy, that is really generous of you. Hmm...let me think about it, our most of thse cracked etc?? so would be good for mosaics but not to use??

When you going?? I'll get back to you later in day..Thanks

o

I don't know what they have until I get there. They may have some cracked stuff, but most of it will be good stuff, may have a blemish or something, which may be a problem if fine china, but wouldn't be an issue if you were going to break the stuff anyway. I'm going Saturday morning.

They will have crystal, flatware, and collectibles in addition to china and stoneware. They've shown pictures on the local news of them already setting stuff up and it covers several acres.

o

My favorite plate is Metropolitan by Vitromaster. I would LOVE to have some more of it.

Photobucket

o

Oh how lucky you are to be able to attend, I'll bet you come home with a ton of stuff for us to drool over!!!!

o

Cool Silva, I LOVE that pattern. Hope tiger can find some for you.

I guess I'll have to pass UNLESS you find any Mikasa Mariposa pattern, made in the 70's and no longer available but they have it there. White china with beautiful multicolored butterfly's.. course don't have a pix cuz it's all packed up and I'm too lazy. don't worry..

Other than that, wish I could go with you, cuz I am sure I could find all kinds of cool stuff to break!!! HAVE FUN!!!

o

Drooling....you really picked some pretty stuff. Wish I had been there, this looks like you had a fun time. I would have had to make a bunch or trips, I wouldn't have known when to stop. Great pickings...you did good.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here