Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Grouting with or without the frame on

Posted by toomuchglass (My Page) on
Tue, Sep 11, 12 at 22:25

I finally finished the glass on my Harley mosaic. It's out of the frame now , I'm wondering if it would be easier to grout with it on or off. With the frame on , I can get the grout exactly up to the edge , with it off, I don't have to worry about slopping on the frame. Decisions,decisions ...

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Grouting with or without the frame on

Do you ever use the blue painter's tape that you buy at Home Depot or Lowes? You could tape off the frame, grout, then peel the tape off immediately and smooth the grout edge if needed.

o

That's what I've been doing. I was just wondering if anyone had a better way. I am soooooo sloppy when I grout ! LOL

o

I like grouting in a frame. Where is the picture!
Kathy

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here