Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
klinger_gw

some of the stuff I've been doing lately.

klinger
13 years ago

Janie and I went for a birthday lunch for her. She told me to get busy and post some pics.She had such a serious look on her face I told her I would try.I've been working far too much this summer. I'd hoped to take it easy but a coworkers Mom was in palliative care and I ended up working around 55 hours a week. I didn't like doing it but totally understood the time he was going through and did want to be supportive.

I made a concrete step for my studio and mosaiced it, have made a bunch of leaf imprint stepping stones which I hope to start putting in place next week. Did some concrete castings, and have really enjoyed playing with my kiln, making wind chines and glass hangers.I'll try and post some pics.

I have lurked here a bit and have to say I've really enjoyed seeing everyones wonderful pieces of art, very inspirational,Slow, as usual you are prolific, and have made some gorgeous pieces, love all the colors you use.

{{!gwi}}
I had a boulder get unearthed during some excavation work we did around the house, so I mosaiced it. I've got a solar spot light facing it.

{{!gwi}}http://members.shaw.ca/csquires/post1.jpg

I got this hanging birdbath from a garage sale, I mosaiced the bottom and it hangs from a fairly high spot, I made fused glass dangles to go with it.

{{!gwi}}
my new front step for my studio

{{!gwi}}
A close up of the studios step.

I've not taken too many pictures, so I'll try and take some and post them here.

Cindy

Comments (15)

• nanatricia
    13 years ago

Good to see you back love what you have done it all looks great!!!

• klinger
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Okay went and took some more pics, here they are.
    {{!gwi}}
    Mosaiced a large wall clock.
    {{!gwi}}
    A coworker gave me some blue glass and a decanter. I made them into 4 circles, fused them and hung them with the fishing swivels so the constantly turn in opposite directions.
    {{!gwi}}
    I've made a few of these window hangings using scrapglass from fusing, put in some dichro and some millefiore.
    {{!gwi}}
    A simple fused window hanger.
    {{!gwi}}
    Another window hanging from scrap. These really do look a lot better with the sun shining through.
    {{!gwi}}
    A fused glass windchime
    {{!gwi}}
    I made this small window with all irridescent glass. I also mosaiced the frame with some tiles to make it look a little less plain when the suns not shining on it.
    I've been focusing this summer on landscaping. We had a drainage issue and when it was fixed I'd lost all my front yard and a good portion of the sides and back, A huge job to undertake but decided to try and make it better than before.Still a wip of course.
    Cindy

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Ahhh, that's better...getting some pics posted of all you have done! She also did a big easter island head the rhiana way, and some amazing other heads and stepping stones!!!

• texaswild
    13 years ago

Phew - makes me tired looking at all the work you've done, but soooooooooooo enjoyed looking. 'bout time you showed up here, girlie. You've been away far too long. I love everything you've done. Did you build a frame/mold and pour the step to your studio and then mosaic it? Good job. The hanging birdbath is wonderful. I soooooo love your last picture - the window - looks like a cathedral window. Wanna see your Riana EI head and the others CALAM mentioned. I'm working on a couple things to go w/the flower pot I grouted b/f the birdbath. Sooooooo glad to see you back, and please don't stay away so long again.

• loribee2
    13 years ago

Oh dear...doing a mosaic on my front porch...I never thought of that, but what a great idea! I love all your projects, especially the clock.

• silvamae
    13 years ago

Wow, love the cathedral window. Can't wait to see the heads!

• klinger
    Original Author
    13 years ago

Glad you enjoyed them. Won't have a chance to post any other pics for a few days, got a heavy work schedule for a couple of days and then Friday off to see Cirque de soleil in a city a couple hours away. Can't wait to see it
    Cindy

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Cindy made me one of these kalidascope of melted glass...it is about the size of a dinner plate!

Here is a link that might be useful:

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

Here is another thing Cindy made, I had scrounged the mold for free and here is one of the molds, the 1/2 head, there is a full head too, that I hope she posts about!(It is about the same size of a real person's head...I perm markered his eyes to make him more creepy!lol!)

• oldcrafty
    13 years ago

Those are ALL great. I think I especailly like the studio step and the blue hanging thing in your garden. Have never done fused glass.....they are awesome pieces.

• wackyweeder
    13 years ago

These are all fabulous! you shouldnt keep these things from us!

• fldirt
    13 years ago

All of them are very nice but I like the clock the best. You do good work. Thanks for posting.

• flagtruck
    13 years ago

OMG- Cindy you have relly done a beautiful job on everything. I am very impressed and it is so good to hear and see you post again. I hope you are able to spend more time on your art soon. I am drooling, everything is soooo wonderful. Love the step and boulder. How unique.

• Calamity_J
    13 years ago

I made a hanger set up for Cindy's rondel and it's hanging in my kitchen and am already getting compliments on it!!!

• angs_pool
    13 years ago

Wow, you have been busy.. Everything is so pretty! I love your step.

Angie

Sponsored
NME Builders LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars2 Reviews
Industry Leading General Contractors in Franklin County, OH