Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
New WIP

Posted by bamasusanna (My Page) on
Wed, Sep 17, 08 at 21:09

Finally getting settled into my new studio.
Last night I picked up this mirror, and after 5 hours, this is what I had. I still have the corners to do. Not sure if I will continue with the amber or choose something else.
I'm thinking a light chocolate grout for it.
Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: New WIP

It's Bama Delicious. Glad you getting settled in to your new studio.

o

Wow, Bama, I'd buy that! What are the longer pieces coming out from the mirror? What size it it? Love it.

o
Pieces

Thanks yall. Those are pieces of shell. A friend gave them to me, I think they were once part of a bracelet.
This is an Ikea mirror. I think the size is approx. 10 x 10.
The triangle pieces are ceramic beads. The round pieces in the corner of the mirror are onyx.
There are also blue glass beads, and black glass beads. Michaels was having a good sale ;)

Oh, sorry flagtruck, I wish I could edit my title! I didn't realize you had started a post with that too!

o

GORGEOUS! I love the colors, love the design.

o

Well, it's about TIME. Been wondering when you'd re-surface. Know you've been busy, but I've missed your postings. This is another beautiful mirror. I have some of those long shells, but mine are light - sorta like Mother of Pearl. I finally remembered a gift certificate from Christmas, and bought a bunch of beads at Michaels this week also (red ones and black ones like yours), but I never find them on sale except at HobLob. What a nice way to use beads - in this mirror. Yeee haw - BAMA is back.

o

YAAAA! A Bama WIP!!! Lovely! Now about that new studio....can we have pics of that too?!?!!!!!

o

The frame is so creative with its use of colors and design. I really admire your style. Looking forward to seeing the end result :)

o

WOW Bama, I love that mirror. I sure wish we had an Ikea close by, I would have a 3 hour drive to go to ours, and they don't sell items online like mirrors.

Love the details and how they all blend together. Did you just sit down and start working, or did you have an idea in mind??

Are those 4 square tiles. irridescent

Beautiful!!!

o

Beautiful Bama...5 hrs wow your making uf for lost time..Look who's talking I've been at a standstill for a long time.great mirror.

o

The mirror is beautiful! I just love the black beads in the corners. I really miss seeing your work! I love the designs you come up with.

o

Don't you love it when it all comes together so well?
I too am interested in the process. Did you plan, or just play?

o

Welcome back! We have missed seeing your work. Love the design of the mirror. I got 12 IKEA mirrors the last time my niece came from Phoenix for a visit. They are just waiting for me to do something with. Fun to see your design and gives me inspiration to start on. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing your grout choice.

Becky

o

Thanks for the nice comments.
I generally don't go by a pattern. On this one, I just started in the middle, around the mirror and worked my way to the outside edge.
Yep, the square tiles are irredescent.
I'll get pics of my studio up soon!

o

Finished the mirror today! I decided to use some copper tacks in the corners.
Carlos

o

WOW! This is gorgeous, Bama! Love the beads... the pattern... and all those little background pieces that so wonderfully tie it all together! Just beautiful!
K.

o

WOW! Is Right! Love the grout color too!!! Super nice piece!!!

o

That is simply wonderful. Anyone would be delighted to have that in their home. I love the colors. What are the round pieces between the long shells?

o

Great design, great colors, great beadage, great grout color, GREAT MIRROR!!!

o

Now it really stands out! Love love your design.

o

One of my favorites of yours,really love this design Bama.

o

Absolutely beautiful, BAMA. You do these mirrors so well. Love your color combos, placement and especially the neatness you put into your work. Professional job, girlie.

o

Beautiful. I always seem to ditto Slow, but she puts it soo well.

o

Wow! That is so COOL. How big is it?
I love what you did.

o

Oh Wow! I sure do love that!! The colors are all my favorite!! I really love the beads around the mirror!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here