Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
bamasusanna

New WIP

bamasusanna
15 years ago

Finally getting settled into my new studio.

Last night I picked up this mirror, and after 5 hours, this is what I had. I still have the corners to do. Not sure if I will continue with the amber or choose something else.

I'm thinking a light chocolate grout for it.

Comments (24)

• gretch1964
    15 years ago

It's Bama Delicious. Glad you getting settled in to your new studio.

• daisyme
    15 years ago

Wow, Bama, I'd buy that! What are the longer pieces coming out from the mirror? What size it it? Love it.

• bamasusanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks yall. Those are pieces of shell. A friend gave them to me, I think they were once part of a bracelet.
    This is an Ikea mirror. I think the size is approx. 10 x 10.
    The triangle pieces are ceramic beads. The round pieces in the corner of the mirror are onyx.
    There are also blue glass beads, and black glass beads. Michaels was having a good sale ;)

Oh, sorry flagtruck, I wish I could edit my title! I didn't realize you had started a post with that too!

• terikat_mom
    15 years ago

GORGEOUS! I love the colors, love the design.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Well, it's about TIME. Been wondering when you'd re-surface. Know you've been busy, but I've missed your postings. This is another beautiful mirror. I have some of those long shells, but mine are light - sorta like Mother of Pearl. I finally remembered a gift certificate from Christmas, and bought a bunch of beads at Michaels this week also (red ones and black ones like yours), but I never find them on sale except at HobLob. What a nice way to use beads - in this mirror. Yeee haw - BAMA is back.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

YAAAA! A Bama WIP!!! Lovely! Now about that new studio....can we have pics of that too?!?!!!!!

• litsapizza
    15 years ago

The frame is so creative with its use of colors and design. I really admire your style. Looking forward to seeing the end result :)

• Mermaid
    15 years ago

WOW Bama, I love that mirror. I sure wish we had an Ikea close by, I would have a 3 hour drive to go to ours, and they don't sell items online like mirrors.

Love the details and how they all blend together. Did you just sit down and start working, or did you have an idea in mind??

Are those 4 square tiles. irridescent

Beautiful!!!

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

Beautiful Bama...5 hrs wow your making uf for lost time..Look who's talking I've been at a standstill for a long time.great mirror.

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

The mirror is beautiful! I just love the black beads in the corners. I really miss seeing your work! I love the designs you come up with.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Don't you love it when it all comes together so well?
    I too am interested in the process. Did you plan, or just play?

• becky_ia
    15 years ago

Welcome back! We have missed seeing your work. Love the design of the mirror. I got 12 IKEA mirrors the last time my niece came from Phoenix for a visit. They are just waiting for me to do something with. Fun to see your design and gives me inspiration to start on. Thanks for sharing. Looking forward to seeing your grout choice.

Becky

• bamasusanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Thanks for the nice comments.
    I generally don't go by a pattern. On this one, I just started in the middle, around the mirror and worked my way to the outside edge.
    Yep, the square tiles are irredescent.
    I'll get pics of my studio up soon!

• bamasusanna
    Original Author
    15 years ago

Finished the mirror today! I decided to use some copper tacks in the corners.

• fiddlekate
    15 years ago

WOW! This is gorgeous, Bama! Love the beads... the pattern... and all those little background pieces that so wonderfully tie it all together! Just beautiful!
    K.

• Calamity_J
    15 years ago

WOW! Is Right! Love the grout color too!!! Super nice piece!!!

• daisyme
    15 years ago

That is simply wonderful. Anyone would be delighted to have that in their home. I love the colors. What are the round pieces between the long shells?

• cindiloo
    15 years ago

Great design, great colors, great beadage, great grout color, GREAT MIRROR!!!

• litsapizza
    15 years ago

Now it really stands out! Love love your design.

• crackpotannie
    15 years ago

One of my favorites of yours,really love this design Bama.

• texaswild
    15 years ago

Absolutely beautiful, BAMA. You do these mirrors so well. Love your color combos, placement and especially the neatness you put into your work. Professional job, girlie.

• texasfern
    15 years ago

Beautiful. I always seem to ditto Slow, but she puts it soo well.

• lovemosaics
    15 years ago

Wow! That is so COOL. How big is it?
    I love what you did.

• squirrellycanadian
    15 years ago

Oh Wow! I sure do love that!! The colors are all my favorite!! I really love the beads around the mirror!

Sponsored
MAC Design + Build
Average rating: 4.3 out of 5 stars18 Reviews
Loudon County Full-Service Design/Build Firm & Kitchen Remodeler