Shop Products
Houzz Logo Print
diamondjennie

Table WIP

diamondjennie
16 years ago

I still need to grout, will use white. I've made two coffee tables a three tier shelf and a square table to try to sell. The glass looks black, but is burgandy.

Second shelf of coffee table matches the end wood cutouts

Comments (17)

• stjohnsgypsy
    16 years ago

Breathtaking! Just beautiful!!!!!! Very shabby chic........your cutting and displaying is so perfect!!!!

• texaswild
    16 years ago

OHGOODGRIEF!!! These are SPECTACULAR, AMAZINGLY BEAUTIFUL. My GOODNESS, you've been busy. These are so neatly done, and so very pretty. They inspire me to start to using dish shards again - as SOON as I've finished the coffee set I'm working on. These are just LOVELY! Where did you get the burgundy glass, and the amber tiles? Your pieces are so perfectly nipped, and they all look so level. GEESH, these are fantastic.

• barbfrizzell1955
    16 years ago

Your tables are fabulous! I think I have some of the same dishes you used! I am going to use your tables for inspiration when I start the table I got at a GS a few weeks ago.

Barb

• diamondjennie
    Original Author
    16 years ago

Strange story about the amber and burgandy glass. I moved into a house in 1990 that had a stack of those and some teal about 8"X18" on a rafter in the basement. I thought I would someday do something with them, and finally have! I even moved them with me two years ago. They have a very bumpy side, like a church window, so I usually glue that side down to help with grouting! Thanks for your nice comments!

• texaswild
    16 years ago

What a wonderful find - to move into a house w/such treasures. You've really utilized them to their fullest. You really are a talented mosaicist.

• sunshine_funshine
    16 years ago

WOW and HOLY SCHMOLEY! Love the tables. I wanna do that!! Gorgeous!! And lucky you, finding a cool stash in your house! It was meant to be!

• bianchi2
    16 years ago

How beautiful and so neatly done.
    Bianchi

• nicethyme
    16 years ago

oh those are just wonderful! and I'm not a big fan of shabby chic but those are really pretty

• bamasusanna
    16 years ago

HOLY DAWG SNOT!
    Diamond, you got it goin' on girlfriend!

• cacbeary
    16 years ago

Beautiful tables! I love shabby chic. You sure have been busy.

• ba1je
    16 years ago

what beautiful work. i cannot get over all the really great mosaic and stained glass work you all do....barb

• gottatry
    16 years ago

These are AWESOME! I can't wait to start using some of this "stuff" I have been collecting for years. What an inspiration this forum is.

• haziemoon
    16 years ago

WOW GIRL!! No wonder we haven't heard from you in a while!
    I love your shabby chic stuff. Really beautiful!

Hazie

• shrty411
    16 years ago

Beautiful tables! Great cutting on those dishes!!

Maria

• Calamity_J
    16 years ago

WOW! THOSE ARE BEAUTIFUL!!!

• zone_envy
    16 years ago

Diamondjennie, they're wonderful. I love the glass and china that you chose. So cool that you found the glass that way too - lucky girl! Everything goes together so well, I'm sure you'll have NO problem selling them. I don't know how you can part with them, I'd sure have a hard time letting go.

Cindy

• d3bbi
    16 years ago

DJ, your tables are gorgeous! I'm sure you will get lots of oohs and aahs and then SOLD. Beautiful work!

Sponsored
M&Z Home Services LLC
Average rating: 5 out of 5 stars1 Review
Franklin County's Established Home Remodeling Expert Since 2012