Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Yes, another mirror (WIP)

Posted by texasfern (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 10, 09 at 18:06

This is the last one of those wall plant holder thingys I got at GW a while back.
I'm gonig for a "shabby chic" kinda thing. Between this and the crash glass, I like the cg better, but hey! What the heck.
I am planning to grout in a royal blue.
Photobucket

Photobucket

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Yes, another mirror (WIP)

Very nice! Love the china, some people aren't fans of shabby chic, but I love it! Blue grout eh, I'm never that brave, black or white for me! Looking forward to seeing it finished.

o

Beautiful. This is going to be a beauty when you get it done. Can't wait to see it.

Kat

o

You Go Girl! That is really gonna be pretty with the blue grout too. TFS

Donna in Florida

o

Texas....It's going to be stunning. I have never seen "gems" that color and they match perfectly with the plates. I love how you cut the plates...I am learning so much just by looking at photos. My husband has a tile cutting saw and I am going to try to use that to cut some plates since I can't buy a ring saw right now. I notice that you glued right onto the MDF. Have you ever had problems with silicone sticking to that background? I bought a kit and used the GEII silicone instead of the glue they included but until I grouted, it seemed a little "wiggly"..(professional grouting term...lol). I hope you will include photos once the blue grout is on...should look amazing.

o

Thanks ya'll.
I changed it up a bit, will post pics later.
Squirelly, I'm not a big fan of shabby chic for myself, but I like to do it. I think what appeals to me is the "puzzle" feel of it.
Gardencrone, I used Weldbond as adhiesive. The substrate (oh, how technical of me!) is wood. I tend to do direct, screw-it-up-as-you-go-method.
Not long ago someone posted a pic of colored grout, if you can remember please let me know.
I have colored before with acrylic paints, but I want a deeper, richer color for this.
I will buy it if I have too, so suggestions will be appreciated.

o

I love that color. I am the same way, I don't decorate with shabby chic but I love to do it! How funny. Can't wait to see what it looks like grouted.

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here