Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum | Post a Follow-Up

o
Rock vase & Tuscan sign WIP

Posted by cathyscache (My Page) on
Thu, Sep 17, 09 at 17:39

Hi been working on a Tuscan welcome sign for the nice tile lady who gave me so many beautiful tiles. I'm hoping it looks Tuscan enough as that is what she said her style was. sort of Tuscan elegance is what she said. Not seeing her home makes it hard. But hopefully she will like it. I also have a rock and gem vase in the works. Probably will put it in my sisters shop, which by the way had a great opeing day!! We worked hard to get things done but it turned out really nice. later all

Here is a link that might be useful: 2- WIP

Follow-Up Postings:

o
RE: Rock vase & Tuscan sign WIP

I love that whole natural thing.
Can't wait to see the sign finished. I think it fits the "Tuscan elegance" theme perfectly.
So glad your sisters opening went well. Here's hoping for continued sucess.

o

Veeery Nice!!! This whole sign thing you got goin' on is Really workin' for ya!!!!

o

I'm done w/ both and ready to grout tomorrow. Thanks Tex and Calam...I think this rock and agate look is becoming my trademark....Will start another project after grouting in the morn....think I may start a Christmas project of some sort...maybe....I'll post pics after grouting....

o

I grouted the green on the leaves yesterday and will grout the blk today and the vase as well. I've got too many projects going on. Can't decide which one I want to pic up!!!

Here is a link that might be useful: Ready to grout

o
How did you make the rocks so shiny?

Also, did you cut the rocks or did you just happen to have pretty flat rocks? Also, I can't tell what color grout you used?

I have some rocks that need a project and this is beautiful, which is why I'm asking so many questions about it!

o

I collect rocks from the beach. I get them ine buckets. I then use the flat ones and throw the others in the driveway. I've only grouted the green leaves so far and I used mallard green grout (home depot). I'll use black on the rest of the sign and the vase.

o

Oh Cathy you are just "Rockin' n Rollin'" Great sign....did you try cutting any rocks yet? I'm so hoping to get a ring saw!!!

o

Didn't grout today. Still in organize mode. Trying to get all my tiles (which are way more than I thought) into containers and accessible. They've been in ziploc bags and in milk crates. But w/the blown neck disc I can no longer pick them up (very heavy), so I've had to do something different. It's taking way too long but I've got to get it done. Maybe I'll grout tomorrow...we'll see later

o

Really like the signs, especially the Christmas one - so full of the symbols of the season. You're so fast. Seems I'll never get caught up again.

o
cathyscache - how did you make your rocks so shiny?

I'd like to shine up my rocks when I'm done. How did you do it?

o

I use a small paint brush and brush just the top w/polyurethane before grouting. Makes clean up after so much easier. Then after grouting I seal again w/polyurethane. All the beautiful colors are more visible.

o

Man! You have been such a little work horse since you came to us!!! Look at you go, such great eye candy you share with us!!! Even fun looking at your work station!!!

o Post a Follow-Up

Please Note: Only registered members are able to post messages to this forum.

If you are a member, please log in.

If you aren't yet a member, join now!

Return to the Stained Glass & Mosaics Forum

Information about Posting

• You must be logged in to post a message. Once you are logged in, a posting window will appear at the bottom of the messages. If you are not a member, please register for an account.
  • Please review our Rules of Play before posting.
  • Posting is a two-step process. Once you have composed your message, you will be taken to the preview page. You will then have a chance to review your post, make changes and upload photos.
  • After posting your message, you may need to refresh the forum page in order to see it.
  • Before posting copyrighted material, please read about Copyright and Fair Use.
  • We have a strict no-advertising policy!
  • If you would like to practice posting or uploading photos, please visit our Test forum.
  • If you need assistance, please Contact Us and we will be happy to help.

Learn more about in-text links on this page here